Does the NIKON D80 need a focusing motor in the lens?

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
Hi :thinking:
I am wanting to purchase a Nikon D80. But i wasn't sure weather the camera needed to have a focusing motor in the lens to use auto focus? becausce i have found out that the lenses with the motor in are slightly more expensive.

The D80 has a built in motor.(y)

thanks for your repliys

I wondered if you had a NIKON D80 and you could tell me a bit more about it, also weather your think it is a good camera or a bad camera. :)

Its a cracking little camera. I wish I had kept mine as a second body.

I have a D80 it is a fantasitc camera, I have loved using it. The photos it produces are brilliant and it does have the AF motor so you have access to the older (cheaper) lenses as well as the classic 50mm f1.8. It also has essentials like Depth of Field preview buttons as well as some non-essentials (but still nice to have) built in flash with a wireless flash commander (this means you can use a SB600 or SB800 speedlight off camera without wires - something Canon users have to pay alot of money for)

I am about to put it for sale when I get round to taking photos of it :D (£350ish body only if you are interested - PM me and you can have first refusal). The only reason why I'm selling it is I am about to buy a second D200 so both my bodies are identical in operation.

To keep things fair and not just an advert for my D80 (did I mention it's for sale - only £350 ;)) the D200 is worth looking at as well if you have the extra dosh (I didn't when I bought my D80), they are about £450-500 body only S/H, but you don't get any more "features" just ones that are slightly better than the D80, e.g. a better AF processor, matrix meter that has more points to judge the exposure details, faster shutter speed. However, in reality I doubt you'll notice the difference in the photos produced and the D80 being cheaper (especially if you only pay £350 S/H ;)) means you can put more money to better lenses which is where the smart people put their money.

hi simon.
Thanks for your reply i would be intrested in buying the NIKON D80 from you. if i did buy the camera how would i pay for it etc...thanx

Back