Does this look rubbish? EDIT: Can you fix it?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Since I last posted about what kind of website I should build, I have more or less finished the design for my portfolio section.

It's taken quite a while to put together, so I hope it looks good to others, but I'm wondering whether it works... not from a technical point of view, just visually. What I'm asking, is really whether or not it looks a bit naff/tacky etc.

So here it is, let me know if it works for you...

Cheers.

I like it! Nice and clean, gets to the point AND all the links work! Just a tiny niggle, I find the grey text is a little hard to read (but then again, i am an old git!) So visually, yes, it works for me!

(y)

I have a photographic memory that was never developed

i like the portfolio page a lot but the Misc is below the Architecture for some reason and dont seem to sit in the correct place, its on a line of its own.

Ahh... oh dear. It works for me, so it must be a product of your screen size :thinking:

Let me guess, you are on a 15" screen or smaller?

EDIT: Hang on... I'm not sure this is true... anyone else experiencing this problem?

EDIT: Hang on... I'm not sure this is true... anyone else experiencing this problem?

does it for me as well...viewing on a Macbook with Firefox if that's any help!

Argh... it works in Google Chrome... I've looked at the code again and I can't see why it doesn't work!

Help please!?

does it on my laptop but it is a 1920x1200 resolution so wont be my screen size doing it.

This is the code... can anyone think of a better way of writing it?

EDIT: Think i've fixed it. Can you confirm?

I found when I was building my basic site I had to do conditioning, what looked fine in Firefox did not always work in IE :)

I found when I was building my basic site I had to do conditioning, what looked fine in Firefox did not always work in IE :)

Ahh... i've not done this. Although, it seems to be working in IE/Firefox now.

All that aside, do people like it?

Looks bloomin good if you ask me. Pics load quickly and it's nice and clean.

How did you get all the images to load like they do with the navigation to the next image etc?

Looks bloomin good if you ask me. Pics load quickly and it's nice and clean.

How did you get all the images to load like they do with the navigation to the next image etc?

Ahh... that is not my work. It's called simpleviewer (google it). I was a typical idiot and bought it mainly for the flexibility that the pro-version provides, but it turns out that I dont really want all the bells and whistles. I actually created the galleries using the simpleviewer plugin for lightroom 2.

Nice site but for the the quality of images is lacking.
Post your best

Nice website. Like the Design. Works on safari fine and loads at a nice speed using 3G.

nice! working fine now on FF on my mac as well (y)

Back