Does this look wrong to you?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just had a veritable orgy of destruction and damage, the girlfriend's TFT screen just fell on a nest of my lenses. They all look alright except for the sigma 30mm.

The aperture blades inside don't make a regular shape any more, but are lopp-sided. I have to admit, I've never looked inside the lens before so I don't know if it's been knocked around or not.

2410673653_222012c470_o.jpg

Have I got a little problem?

try taking some varying pictures with it - see how they look compared to a similar lens?

You're right it doesn't look right. Try putting on a camera and see what happens. Use the DOF preview button to see if it stops down OK. Then try taking a few shots and see what the results look like.

Certainly doesn't look quite right from that image ... :eek: ... have you tried opening and closing it manually in quick succession ... :shrug: ... may loosen something up ... :D

Of course it may have been like that before the accident in which case, if it was working before, it should be okay now ... ;)

:p

Alright, thanks guys. I've taken some shots against a blank wall and they look ok. A bit of viginetting at 1.4, but to be honest I couldn't tell you if it was there before the mishap. I'll keep an eye on it.

I think I may have come away from it unscathed, though the screen has some nasty lens shaped creases in it!

Back