Does This Work?

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Just trying something a little different. All opinions welcome.

I don't think it does, and the bigger image doesn't make me change my mind. The colours are nice, but that is anyway really all you are left with - its all just too abstract for my tastes. Whatever you do with it, those pylons on the horizon are still there. I would clone them into oblivion, and even then there is not much sky to work with. I can't help but wonder if you are trying to make something of an image that needed a bit more to it in the first place.

Umm... I think I need to know what the idea behind 'it' is before knowing simply if it 'works' or not..

What are you trying for here?

I quite like the slightly diffused feeling to it and I can see this working well but I think you need a better composition and a bit more of a focal point than you have here. Don't give up on the idea thogh.

All I was trying to do was, as Toby said, make something of an image and composition that I felt was pretty boring.

I am not sure anything stands out too much. Did you try Orton effect? Perhaps a different scene might benefit from it. The composition is rather simple and I would love to see some interesting features of the landscape, or wildlife in it. It could be brighter 1/2-1 stop as well.

I am not sure anything stands out too much. Did you try Orton effect? Perhaps a different scene might benefit from it. The composition is rather simple and I would love to see some interesting features of the landscape, or wildlife in it. It could be brighter 1/2-1 stop as well.

Yes, I did try an Orton effect to make it interesting. I think you're all right though - it's not a good enough composition. Thanks. :)

Back