Dog Chewed Smartflash Cable - repair or replace?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was happily working in the studio, but turned around to see my dog chewing the end of my Smartflash lead. Can I buy a replacement fitting and wire it myself, or do I have to buy a whole new lead? If repair, what is the unit called?

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Any idea what the type of cable it is?

Yes it is a long one. Thanks for the name and link.

Aren't dogs wonderful ! Over the years my dogs have eaten two heavy duty canvas motorcycle covers a wooden bread bin , a wooden toast rack and salt and pepper pots, a full deep fat fryer ,various cables, the waste pipe from my sink and washing machine too the point it was just a load of bits of plastic, each other, a cat plus many more but by far the most amazing thing was when Mrs Badger said to me there is water coming out of the wall ( inside wall !) I said what are you on about, she wiped her hand over the wall and the water dripped on the floor, the dog ( Working Cocker Spaniel) had chewed through the flexi pipe for the outside tap flush with the wall and the water has been flowing into wall cavity for 24 hours filling it up to about 3 foot all the way around the house ! It took 3 months for it to dry out luckily it was summer. Yet I still have 7 Dogs, I'm either stupid or a gluten for punishment.
Count your self lucky it was just a lead.

Are they not called IEC leads?
Yeah, IEC13 (female) & IEC14 (male) - I use them to extend cords on power tools with three core cable so I'm not trailing extensions around - bit of a pain to wire, but worth it.

£5.89 from Lencarta for a 5m one

Back