Dogs, Kites 'n' Clouds

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm new on here so please be kind! Firstly I hope this is in the correct genre on the forum too; if not please do point me in the direction of where it should be.

I been taking photos of my son and my dog flying a kite and just wondering what people's thoughts might be in respects to how I might get better definition of clouds on bright day whilst having child/dog properly exposed. That is, getting the best possible without post processing. The attached is an example of the dog with kite attached to his collar (he is fine with it before anyone asks!). Admittedly this one doesn't quite have him in total focus but it does show how he is nicely exposed but the clouds are washed out a bit. Photo is from a Nikon D750 24-120mm f4 @24mm ISO160 f/22 1/80s. The idea with this shot being to get everything in focus, including kite that is just visible above cloud on right hand side. Obviously in this case all dog, kite and clouds are moving so multiple exposure / bracketing wouldn't work. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks.
View attachment 42792

Thanks Steve, its really tricky getting Toby to stay still! As soon as a camera gets lifted in front of him you have about half a second before he pounces on you!

Back