Dome 10-20mm

interesting set up, i can see how it works but how fast do you move it and how many times ?

excellent stuff !!

interesting set up, i can see how it works but how fast do you move it and how many times ?

excellent stuff !!

Hi mrgas,it's just a matter of suck it and see,I set the camera to manual and play with the shutter speed -3and down,i use a cable reliese and pre focus then spin away,as I say I only started a couple of days ago say still learning myself.

Hi mrgas,it's just a matter of suck it and see,I set the camera to manual and play with the shutter speed -3and down,i use a cable reliese and pre focus then spin away,as I say I only started a couple of days ago say still learning myself.

thanks for the explanation I think I'm gonna have to try this one

A very nice dome indeed.
Agree with the unusual angle but it works and the dome itself is virtually perfect shape wise.

Like it a lot.

i still have no idea as to how the pic in post one happened from the kit in post 5....

i still have no idea as to how the pic in post one happened from the kit in post 5....

The axle is (should be) the same length as the wheel's rolling radius. Roll the wheel round during long exposure and the lights around the circumference trace the dome shape into the pic.

The more accurate your measurements and movements, the more neat and precise your dome ends up.

In this pic the axle is a fraction too long thus creating the gap at the top. However, the OP's smooth action on multiple rolls means the dome ends up looking pretty tight.

Thanks all,I'll try dropping the axle length Andrew,have another go when it gets dark.

That is a brilliant shot, clever creation too.

I think the dome definitely has potential given the right location. I think it would look good in the middle of an empty field with more space around it?

also i noticed your switch to the rear of the wheel, would it not have been easier on the front.

I never gave it a thought Manc Man,once I've switched it on,no real need to touch it again till Ive Finnished messing about,also wanted the weight to hold it steady.hope that makes sense.

Back