Donegal, Ireland: Locations Suggestions- Help

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

I've just moved to Donegal, Ireland and looking for something to get my teeth stuck into. I've been to Donegal a few times prior to moving there but mainly to the west coast and got some beach shots. I'm looking for some location suggestion more inland, either around bodies of water (been looking at areas around Dunlewey and Glenveigh Park) or near some of the Standing Stones which are prevalent in Ireland. I read an article about them a while ago and they seem intriguing.

Any help, tips etc would be greatly appreciated

Pete, you're on 500px, just type in County Donegal. You'll find an abundance of locations.

Dunlewey, Poisoned Glen and Glenveigh Park are great locations - for landscape and also astral photography (Donegal weather permitting). For coastal stuff, Fanad Head, Murder Hole Beach, Melmoe Head, Bloody Foreland, Bunbeg (Bad Eddie's boat but it's starting to fall apart) - but these have all been photographed loads of times. The county is huge and if it's inland stuff then just get an OS map and pick a lough! My favourite Irish county.

Yeah it's a great subject. I've photographed it loads of times and it's always different. Just check the tide times before you go there as it's inaccessible when the tide is in!

image.jpg

I was up at Fanad Head on Saturday morning and got seriously lucky bearing in mind the fog that shrouded the Northern part of the county.

My wife is from just outside Cullybackey in the North and we have ventured into Donegal numerous times to visit friends, I love it there!

We are not long back actually after 4 days exploring. We started in Killybegs and then went up the west coast before coming back in through Londonderry and back home.

This last time we visited the Slieve League cliffs (been there about 4 or 5 times now, they are stunning! and also we went by Mount Erigal, the poisoned glen and did the Glenveigh National Park.

Nearly everywhere you turn are fantastic roads and stunning landscapes to photograph!

Here are a few of mine from our last trip, I am no expert tho, usually photograph cars so landscapes are not my strongpoint haha...

22407991367_4a847d4884_b.jpg

22434263909_059eaf6cf1_b.jpg

22205305363_35d534e90f_b.jpg

my thread with more pics here...

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...e-county-donegal-ireland.607226/#post-7118066

Sammy

Back