Donington Park - Best spots

Thanks for posting those Danny. Looks much better as a track, but far worse for the photographer :(
Looks like there might be enough space to shoot past the marshall box down towards Hollywood though :D

Yes Jim, i stood right next to that tractor and i could get up close to fence just infront of the building, you could shoot through the gap near the marshalls post but you would probably need a long lens, see below.

5595817681_da43e6e096_z.jpg

Last edited:
Went along last weekend. Its not too bad and the new last esses are easy to get photos at

Went WSB and it wasn't as bad as I expected to be, for bikes at least you need plenty of length and you have to shhot through fences, the best places I found where. All these where shot through the fence

Just before Starkeys Bridge
5573461267_d82d71dde3_o.jpg

Just after Strakeys
5574047524_2b67e8c88a_o.jpg

McLeans
5573456887_ba6d9e7749_o.jpg

Coppice from different angles.
5573460515_b8e3b0d4cb_o.jpg

5573456391_376ddfd9fa_o.jpg

5573456203_738768d248_o.jpg

Then you have the esses and inside of Redagte (no fences:D)

Just signed on to this forum...Going to Donington on Easter Sunday for the truck racing - never been motor racing before and will be taking my camera (Canon EOS 20D + 55-250mm lens). Does anyone know how busy it gets and a good place to take photos?

Just signed on to this forum...Going to Donington on Easter Sunday for the truck racing - never been motor racing before and will be taking my camera (Canon EOS 20D + 55-250mm lens). Does anyone know how busy it gets and a good place to take photos?

This thread should have given you all the infor you need.

Who's meeting is it? Shouldn't be that busy, I wouldn't think.

This thread should have given you all the infor you need.

Who's meeting is it? Shouldn't be that busy, I wouldn't think.

It is the FIA European Series. Means absolutely nothing to me as I normally spend my time watching (and taking photos at) grass roots football games.

I have had a good read of this thread and think from this will try and somewhere around the Redgate / Craner Curves area.

I will be there on easter sunday.

The FIA website is being very optimistic with the numbers they are predicting - 120k spectators over 3 days.

Think I'll take my 70-200mm and my 400mm and see what I get. Fortunatly trucks are bigger than bikes so might not need as much length :)

Graham - excellent shots. Thanks for posting the locations too.

I will be there on easter sunday.

The FIA website is being very optimistic with the numbers they are predicting - 120k spectators over 3 days.

:eek: :eek:
Last time they had that amount was the freebie renault world series thing where you printed your own tickets off the website and they didn't account for people printing multiple copies and were massively over subscribed!!

You couldn't actually move in the 5 sq miles around the track most of the day (including a stretch of the M1 for a while) so I'd reccomend getting there early!

:eek: :eek:
Last time they had that amount was the freebie renault world series thing where you printed your own tickets off the website and they didn't account for people printing multiple copies and were massively over subscribed!!

You couldn't actually move in the 5 sq miles around the track most of the day (including a stretch of the M1 for a while) so I'd reccomend getting there early!

I do think that 120k figure is very optimistic. The world superbikes only got 51k

I suspect numbers will end up being lower than the BTCC in reality. I hope I'm right! But I think I'll set of early just the same.

edit
Average number of spectators at each racing weekend is over 120,000
I expect this is at established european venues

Last edited:
I'm going to the truck racing this weekend but on the Saturday. Thanks for the tips in this thread.

Bump old thread Going to BSB at Easter Taking the Wheel chair and sticks i'll post some info on locations fencing etc and what disabled access facilities are like never been to Donington usually go to Cadwell

You can park infield again this season for the first time in years. Costs £12 on top of your normal ticket price according to the email I got last week, so might be worth considering.

Please bear in mind that Donington is rather hilly, and the spectator access around the track is either grass or hardcore rather than Tarmac and probably isn't the best if you're using assistance to get around.
You normally can't do a full circuit of the track, so if you travel right around the perimeter, you'll probably have to retrace your steps to get back to your starts point.

It might be worth getting in touch with them via email/Facebook/Twitter to see if they offer any assistance, they're a pretty friendly and helpful bunch.

Back