Donkey people in Lindos

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, got back from a fortnight in Rhodes last week - just getting round to doing the photos now.

Principal photography mission was for my step-sister's wedding in the first week, but in the second week I decided to find some themes/subjects - one of them was the people who work the donkeys walking up to the Acropolis. These are the best three after quickly going through them, hope you like them :)

I've asked for a critique based more on their merits as 'travel journal' type photos - as you can appreciate, photos like this are spur of the moment, and just about the only prep you can do is getting the aperature right!

1. This is one of the guys who walks up and down the alleys cleaning up the donkey poo.

donkey1.jpg

2. Candid.

donkey2.jpg

3. These are some of the donkey drivers taking a break at the stable near the village square.

donkey7.jpg

no 2 is your winner...we see some personality there
the group shot is a bit passé...and has been done to death..what is needed is some interesting lighting

Thanks - I was thinking along the same lines in a way. The 2nd photo was taken with a 50mm 1.8 at 2.8 in broad daylight, so it was a quick capture. However, the 3rd was with a 24-105 at 8 in shadow - I do wonder if I'd have kept my 50mm on then the lighting would've been a bit 'easier' on the eye.

Back