Donna Nook Photo Comp, £100 voucher prize..winner is announced

Name
stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

To coincide with this weekend's trip to Donna Nook shall we have a comp for the best photo of the seals there?

The mods have agreed its ok to run one and Mark at Comley Cameras of Cleethorpes has put forward a £100 voucher to have a canvas print made at Comleys for the owner of the winning pic.

Mark has agreed to judge alongside maybe one of the mods (still waiting for the volunteer:D)

I would suggest its open to all TP members as long as the photos were taken at Donna Nook but not necessarily this coming weekend.

If you fancy having a go please post your photos on this thread

I have been asked how many images each can enter. I don't think we should limit it too much, say max 4 or 5 each maybe

stew

any more shots coming through, no one fancy a canvas?

I'll give it ago, taken on Friday from the fence area.

IMG_2796.jpg

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Here's mine from a week ago. .......and while I was there, Saturday and Sunday, all the 'togs on the beach were very responsible.
There were a lot of visitors on the coastal path taking shots using flash, but the seals seemed oblivious to it all.

Here's my best one so far from this Saturday afternoon - I really struggled to get good pics in the light.

Might replace it later though, once I've been through them all.

(click for bigger)

Post deleted: This is a competition thread and as such is for images and discussion of them only. Thankyou

Just out of interest what's the aspect ratio of the canvas?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Comley Cameras do a range of different sizes. The voucher will give you £100 credit against any of them so as long as its in their range you can pick your own aspect I guess

stew

There are some great entries so far folks (y)
I've gone away from "pups" this time
instead its the fat little porker who ate all the pies :D

Comp.jpg

wow, there are some great pics coming in, Mark of Comley Cameras is so going to struggle to choose a winner

Stew could you put in the first thread how many photos each person can enter save replying to this and cluttering it up. ( I will add my entry to this post )

Thanks

722783190_FYMWC-L.jpg

722780285_dCp96-L.jpg

722778926_4nTcG-L.jpg

722782266_z2Ase-L.jpg

733353395_UHTMN-L.jpg

Maska really like your pup, poor thing looks very vulnerable

Worth a go

2009_1129Donna-Nook29-10-090461resi.jpg

If it's not too late i'll add this
2009_1129Donna-Nook29-10-090455r-1.jpg

closing date for entries is tomorrow, close of business

Please click for larger images:

I haven't processed these (apart from the first one) so they may appear a little dark at the moment.

Hopefully im not to late!

SealsFighting.jpg

Seals1.jpg

Probably time to call time on the comp now. Thanks to all those who have entered. There are some cracking shots for Mark of Comley Cameras to have a look at. Will come back to you once he has selected a winner

stew

Any news on this competition? Quite excited to see who will win!

Has the winner been chosen yet?

nope, waiting to hear from Mark. I guess with last minute buying in his shop and the weather he might have got held up

stew

The winner is Kaben with

4123111238_7b90893cb5.jpg

Mark, Paul and Jez of Comley Cameras spent a lot of time going through the images. They were amazed and highly impressed with the quality of the photography. They liked the whole panel from Kaben but particularly the winning shot as it showed a completely inspirational approach to taking a much photographed subject.

Well done Kaben. If you can call one of the team at Comley Cameras of Cleethorpes on 01472 692 082 or see http://www.comleycameras.net/catalog/index.php the guys will arrange the canvas print for you.

Thanks to everyone for entering. I thinks its been a great competition and to Comleys for sponsoring it.

stew

Congratulation :clap: Kaben; it sure is a magnificent shot.

Back