weekly Donnie's 52 in 2016 - Week 23456789 and 10 - ADDED

love the fisheye effect of both miniature and danger.

Last edited:
Hi Paul... a good variety of shots in that catch-up and well done for catching up so many at once. I won't comment on all, but a few thoughts:

Captive is super. Good use of DOF to "explain" the subject. Maybe a touch tightly framed, but that's personal preference sometimes. Good contrast.
Miniature works and good use of a fisheye to create something really quite interesting out of an otherwise ordinary scene. Slight blowout of the sky top right though.
Abandoned - funny take on the theme with that sticker. It might work even better pulled back slightly but perhaps the background would be too distracting. Great spot and well captured.
Danger - another good use of wide angle distortion to make an otherwise "normal" scene more interesting.
Topical - I don't think your lighting setup has helped you here - it feels quite "head on", almost like on camera flash. Don't be afraid of natural window light, although it's basically impossible to get a black background from that source... but it does give you a lovely bit softbox which can be very flattering light for these sorts of shots.
Spiky works and as with captive, good use of DOF to make us concentrate on the subject.

good catch up
lovely picture of you and your Mrs for Happy.
I particularly like the cat and the Abandoned Lambretta too

Back