Donnington F1....

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a fantastic time at Donnington on Friday night, got to look around the museum after closing time for a couple of hours. For you F1 fans the guest speaker was a Richard West http://richardwestassociates.com/
very interesting presentation. Anyway here are a few pics with the new lens....yes I know at one point I messed my iso settings up and managed to crank upto 1600 without spotting it. Doh!:bonk:

F1-5.jpg

F1-4.jpg

Senna's winning car from his last race before he died..
F1-1.jpg

All Senna's cars...
F1-2.jpg

F1-3.jpg

F1-6.jpg

Ok, this is gonna sound strange but my first thought after seeing the shots was to wonder what the room smelt like. Must be something about the atmosphere of the shots...

Slight hint of petrol and a pleasent fusty kind of old smell if you know what I mean?

yeah it looks like its gonna smell musty!

Nice shots, any Williams machines there?

I visited the museum last year when I went to the BTCC media day at Donington. A great collection of cars, and you would be right about the smell. Certainly adds to the atmosphere of the place.
As the theme at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next month is celebrating 100 years of Grand Prix racing, hopefully some of these cars may be seeing a bit of action, if not these there will be some like them. Just under 3 weeks to go, can't wait!
Photos looking good by the way, you've certainly caught the atmosphere of the place.

matty said:
yeah it looks like its gonna smell musty!

Nice shots, any Williams machines there?

Yes lots, including one of Nigel Mansels that was extremely high powered. Once I get some spare time over this week, I'm gonna pop some on my website, keep you posted.

Back