Don't Buy a 50mm Lens For Portraits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you're going to the pub Jason? Go and have a beer mate.

Troll? No, just a younger guy who,s at that age, and doesn't think before he types IMHO

I thought I'd make a post about this subject as it seems I wasted £300 on a lens that doesn't do the job I expected. .

So, a lack of knowledge, experience and research caused you to buy the wrong tool for the job you had in mind.

Your mistake caused you to declare that the 50mm was no good for portraits and you persist in trying to force that opinion on everyone else and insult them when they don't agree. To be fair, if you'd said headshots instead of portraits this thread may well have taken a different path.

Right about now is when most people would say "fair cop, I bolloxed up, I really needed an 85/100mm for headshots".

Most of my best images have been taken with a 50mm and I mainly take portraits. At times I could do with an 85mm, other times I could do with a 35mm, but the majority of the time a 50mm is a perfect portrait lens.

cambsno said:
Most of my best images have been taken with a 50mm and I mainly take portraits. At times I could do with an 85mm, other times I could do with a 35mm, but the majority of the time a 50mm is a perfect portrait lens.

According to the OP that's irrelevant as you can't take a close up headshot with it, so apparently its not a portrait lens. Be told! Lol.

tidied up a couple of comments as well guys, no offence to anyone who's lost a post or two as a result :)

Edit: actually, this is a road crash, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back