Don't Hug Me -- another edit in thread

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Never done this before, I'm in front of the dam thing... Sorry for sharing my ugly mug ;)

Thank you for looking.

C&C welcome as always.

Don't Hug Me
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

You did it - good on you!

I’m not a fan of the selective colour, Gav, but I like everything else. Are you going to slowly reveal more of your face with every selfie??

Well done Gav.
Love the look. If that was aimed at me I’d be wondering if it was time to run!

Braver than me. I absolutely hate pictures of me taken in any capacity. So big respect for putting yourself out of your comfort zone and doing it.

I’m torn on the selective colour however and think it would possibly be better without personally.

Very nice selfie style capture Gav.

"Its strange, I guess we all must wonder at some time or other (I know I do) just what our anonymous fellow snappers look like, and this pic' is absolutely nothing like I imagined you look like. I dread to think just what other folk must think I look like" :)

Don't Hug Me Full B&W
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

I have no experience with portraits etc but that is fantastic. I really like that you’ve left your natural eye colour there, it stands out really well.
I've only ever 'played' with portraits, but felt it's time for a new challange and trying to get over a few of my personal issues. Thank you.

You did it - good on you!

I’m not a fan of the selective colour, Gav, but I like everything else. Are you going to slowly reveal more of your face with every selfie??
Thank you, Dean, I wasn't 100% but I felt it was differant, I've attached my first edit which is minus the eye colour.
I'll try for a proper selfie style next, I struggle with poses etc.. so may take a bit of time to get done. Thank you for the feedback (y)

Well done Gav.
Love the look. If that was aimed at me I’d be wondering if it was time to run!

Braver than me. I absolutely hate pictures of me taken in any capacity. So big respect for putting yourself out of your comfort zone and doing it.

I’m torn on the selective colour however and think it would possibly be better without personally.
:LOL: no need to run from me, I'm a proper softie.
Thank you, I'm trying to battle a few issues so thought I'd try this to see if it helps. Another edit attached, thank you for the feedback.

Hi Gav

Great composition.

Well done.

Gaz
Thank you, Gaz (y)

Very nice selfie style capture Gav.

"Its strange, I guess we all must wonder at some time or other (I know I do) just what our anonymous fellow snappers look like, and this pic' is absolutely nothing like I imagined you look like. I dread to think just what other folk must think I look like" :)
Thank you, George.
I think it's funny, we 'paint' a picture of others based on what we read and very rarely does that image match. I also dread what other think/thought I looked like :ROFLMAO:

Don't Hug Me Full B&W by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

I've only ever 'played' with portraits, but felt it's time for a new challange and trying to get over a few of my personal issues. Thank you.

Thank you, Dean, I wasn't 100% but I felt it was differant, I've attached my first edit which is minus the eye colour.
I'll try for a proper selfie style next, I struggle with poses etc.. so may take a bit of time to get done. Thank you for the feedback (y)

Thank you, I'm trying to battle a few issues so thought I'd try this to see if it helps. Another edit attached, thank you for the feedback.

Thank you, Gaz (y)

Thank you, George.
I think it's funny, we 'paint' a picture of others based on what we read and very rarely does that image match. I also dread what other think/thought I looked like :ROFLMAO:
That’s much more powerful.

Don't Hug Me Full B&W by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Thank you, Gaz (y)

Thank you, George.
Definitely prefer this version.

Back