Don't overstay your parking.

Apparently it was a defect with a hydraulic hose on the streetlifter that caused the car to drop rather than operator error, according to someone who knows the people involved (I`m in the vehicle recovery business)

The bit that got me was the ticket that was issued after they`d put it back! lol.

Haha thats ace. I hope they get shafted.

I don't think cars should be lifted unless they're causing an obstruction.

Apparently it was a defect with a hydraulic hose on the streetlifter that caused the car to drop rather than operator error, according to someone who knows the people involved

Of course it was :LOL: After all why would someone admit to being a useless waste of human skin when it's easier to blame a piece of equipment?

S/L`s have a hydraulic levelling system. You don`t "suddenly" lose it unless there`s a failure of sorts.

And personally, I don`t have a problem with removals either. If you`re in the wrong, that`s down to you! (and yes, I`ve been clamped in the past too!)

Interesting to see what the legal standing of this is. By all accounts it wasn't a red route, it was an "overstayed" parking fine, which it seems they were waiting for. If the car was parked illegally then I think it may be a different matter, but removal for just 10 mins over, and then dropping it, is going to cost somebody £1000's, and not the owner.

If the car had been an obstruction I can see a different set of circumstances, but in the end I would expect it to go through the insurance of the "parking management" company (I take it they must have some). I think they may lose their contarct with the council too....

Steve

I'd guess they have a duty of care if they do decide to lift a car, regardless of the area it's parked... otherwise they'd just stick the crane through the windscreen and lift it with the roof :D. But yes, I'd guess it'll go through the insurance, and the guy will get a bollocking.

I doubt they'll lose their contract because of this one incident, it'll be put down to an accident :)

they caused the damage, through equipment failure or human error.
they are liable.
and i would imagine a good crease in the roof would right off the car.
bet he still has to pay the ticket ***. maybe only the first one.
OUCH.
me nad swmbo just sat here alughing our heads off at that one.
oh dear.

Back