Don't use Grandado!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I realize this is probably the wrong forum for this topic, but I can't think of a more suitable one. I ordered a battery for my Wileyfox mobile phone from a Chinese company called Grandado. When I searched for the battery, they came right at the top as a Google Ad. although I try not to buy anything from China, indeed nothing from the internet if I can avoid it, I thought as the company was obviously paying Google to advertise, I should have some protection. I ordered it on 8th December, and the money was taken from a account the same day, up to now I have not received the battery, and although I paid extra for insurance and tracking, I have had no success trying to contact the company, apart from a non reply in Dutch! I have given up on expecting it to arrive, although it might eventually I suppose, though I won't hold my breath waiting, and of course I have had no luck trying to get contact with Google. I am therefore looking for a new phone.

Google won’t help you, anyone can pay to advertise via google adwords, by doing so offers no protection to the buyer whatsoever.
It may yet arrive, I often order from China and it can take a few months sometimes.

As I said, I won't hold my breath waiting, but thank you for your comments, it had given me a bit more hope. I'll hang on a while and ask on here who has one for sale

I've also ordered from China, and it has all turned up.....eventually.
I know what you mean about the non existent tracking though.

I've also ordered from china,but via ebay & they always turn up usually within 4-6 weeks, if you get a tracking number look up aftership on google,you can usually track most china post related items from there,it can take a wek or two to leave china

@ madmardle Me too .. i`ve ordered various items from China some with and without tracking and it has all ""Eventually"" arrived ... I remember one item that I had given up on but low and behold it arrived more than 2 months later .. So I wouldn`t give up on it just yet especially given the situation that we are all in with the Lockdown..

I went into town here in Northern Ireland for the first time in months and I was shocked to see just how bad things really are with he absence of shoppers ,I mean this town usually has hundreds and hundreds of people bustling about on any day of the week and to see it Totally empty blew my mind, a ghost town is an understatement ..I suspect that its similar in parts of the UK so that has bound to have an adverse affect on all sorts of things ""Including postage"" so I`d hang on in there if I were you..

Coho-Blue

I've bought a Motorola G8, so if the battery for my Wileyfox does eventually arrive my wife will use the phone, she will have to get a new SIM as I will be transferring mine to the new one, as well as the 64 GB micro SD card. I asked on another thread if this would be possible as the G8 already has 64gb, and I'm hoping that the photos on the card will be still on when I put it in the new phone. You can tell I'm pretty ignorant on these matters!

As long as the photos are on the card, then yes they will still be there in the new phone.

Hi @madmardle

I urge you to use CAUTION if any of your photos/videos/contacts are of importance to you . The reason I say this is from experience ,, my young daughter was changing her phone last year and she had 4 years worth of personal data - videos of loved ones plus 100`s of contacts that were lost .. The guy in the store told her ""Oh don`t worry everything will be saved to your card its ok"" so when she changed her phone she expected all the important stuff to be there ..

However as it turned out there was tons of stuff that got saved to the phones own memory "First" when she bought - then after the phones memory is Full the overflow of info gets saved onto the 32gig card ,, now as it turned out all of the important stuff that she wanted to keep was saved to the phone and NOT to the card .. she ended up loosing irreplaceable data..

As you say in your post ""I`m hoping that the photos on the card will still be on it when I put it in the new phone"" ... Don`t take anything for granted be sure to check the ""Phones own built in memory"" in case you have photos there that you would like to also keep.. ""IF"" there are photos in the phones memory you can easily transfer them from the phone over onto the card ..

Coho-Blue

With Christmas, covid, Brexit and bad weather I wouldn't be surprised if it took a couple of months to come because 4 weeks plus was the norm for many using economy delivery.
One thing I bought had haphazard tracking but appeared to show they were using a hub in Poland where it sat for about two weeks.
If you have a tracking number you might be surprised what it can throw up from third party tracker pages.
If you used a credit card they might refund eventually.

I did have one thing a couple of years ago from ebay but Chinese seller after six weeks we agreed it must have somehow got lost so got a refund through ebay it was amicable.
It did arrived practically next day though. Once you start a dispute there's a cut off point it's probably 45days they allow.
Most Chinese seller are perfectly fine it is the system their end slows things down.
They typically export through Hong Kong or Shenzen only and the customs procedure can be archaic with baskets on trolleys wheeled between buildings by hand

Last edited:
Hi @madmardle

I urge you to use CAUTION if any of your photos/videos/contacts are of importance to you . The reason I say this is from experience ,, my young daughter was changing her phone last year and she had 4 years worth of personal data - videos of loved ones plus 100`s of contacts that were lost .. The guy in the store told her ""Oh don`t worry everything will be saved to your card its ok"" so when she changed her phone she expected all the important stuff to be there ..

However as it turned out there was tons of stuff that got saved to the phones own memory "First" when she bought - then after the phones memory is Full the overflow of info gets saved onto the 32gig card ,, now as it turned out all of the important stuff that she wanted to keep was saved to the phone and NOT to the card .. she ended up loosing irreplaceable data..

As you say in your post ""I`m hoping that the photos on the card will still be on it when I put it in the new phone"" ... Don`t take anything for granted be sure to check the ""Phones own built in memory"" in case you have photos there that you would like to also keep.. ""IF"" there are photos in the phones memory you can easily transfer them from the phone over onto the card ..

Coho-Blue
That's great info, thank you, I'll be very careful. I did try to transfer the photos from the phone to my PC but with no success, it was the same with a laptop and tablet, they all recognised the phone but said there was nothing on there. I know I should have to open far.

That's great info, thank you, I'll be very careful. I did try to transfer the photos from the phone to my PC but with no success, it was the same with a laptop and tablet, they all recognised the phone but said there was nothing on there. I know I should have to open far.
Can you still see the photos on the phone itself? If so, there should be a way of transferring them. Depending on your settings, they may also be automaticallly copied to https://photos.google.com (try that link when logged into Google).

I don’t understand this about keeping photos on the SIM card, surely no phones do that nowadays do they? iPhones certainly don’t and I assumed all Androids kept them on Google Photos and therefore available on multiple devices and browsers, like Apple Photos

Many thanks Retune, I've just tried Google photos and they are all on there. Talk photography comes up trumps again.

I don’t understand this about keeping photos on the SIM card, surely no phones do that nowadays do they? iPhones certainly don’t and I assumed all Androids kept them on Google Photos and therefore available on multiple devices and browsers, like Apple Photos

Your presuming everyone has internet?

My wife has a samsung and I have a motoroloa we both have full internet access and neither of us have pics or anything saved to google photos or anything else... What we have both done is gone into settings and told each app to use the sim card for storage and not the phone.... We also regularly backup to computer ....well i say regular... now and then :)

Your presuming everyone has internet?

My wife has a samsung and I have a motoroloa we both have full internet access and neither of us have pics or anything saved to google photos or anything else... What we have both done is gone into settings and told each app to use the sim card for storage and not the phone.... We also regularly backup to computer ....well i say regular... now and then :)
I’m not really familiar with Android phones but the ones I have used kept their photos in Google Photos (though it was only called Photos as everything is Google on Android). Some of them take SD cards too. I don’t know how reliable SIM card memory is compared with SD cards but my guess is that it’s about the same and liable to ‘wear out’ :(. Anyway since you are backing up to a computer all that is a bit irrelevant in your case :).

As per my original post, the battery I ordered from Grandado in December still hasn't arrived and I have been un to contact them so I re state the title, don't order from them.

Just looking through my old posts and thought I would record the fact that the battery never arrived from Grandado, I had no joy in getting my money back from TSB so I can only repeat what I said initially" Don't buy anything from Grandado"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back