No
Water come out the tap at a perfect 20C

The film slides off the reel with no effort

A strip of eleven frames of rubbish, is broken by one biblical stunner

Collecting slides from the lab

Winding film on

:)

Don't you just love it, when.......????

People come up to you and ask to see the picture you've just taken on your camera and look puzzled when there isn't a 3" LCD with digital zoom on the back.

People come up to you and ask to see the picture you've just taken on your camera and look puzzled when there isn't a 3" LCD with digital zoom on the back.

Yes! I love this! I also love showing them the black "lcd screen" at the back after I get a good shot. But I trick myself too, after shooting digital and going to film, I look at the back of the camera after each shot, to see black staring back at me.

Someone asked to look at the picture on my 1936 rolleicord the other day, they just couldn't grasp the point when i explained it takes 12 shots per roll and cost a tenner to process

Don't you just love it, when.......????

.... You set a long shutter speed on your lovely old TLR, fire the shutter, and hear that gorgeous sound..? :love:

.... You look down into it and as your face gets closer, you get that lovely smell - how it smells of 'age'....?

.... Your digital camera develops a fault after 18 months and is more expensive to repair than replace, so you have to go back to film - with a camera that's as old as you and has never let you down?:LOL:

.... You look at shots taken on Kodachrome in the 50's or 60's and they look about a week old? :eek:
Look at this one from 1949! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:London_,_Kodachrome_by_Chalmers_Butterfield_edit.jpg

.... You set a long shutter speed on your lovely old TLR, fire the shutter, and hear that gorgeous sound..? :love:

.... You look down into it and as your face gets closer, you get that lovely smell - how it smells of 'age'....?

.... Your digital camera develops a fault after 18 months and is more expensive to repair than replace, so you have to go back to film - with a camera that's as old as you and has never let you down?:LOL:

.... You look at shots taken on Kodachrome in the 50's or 60's and they look about a week old? :eek:
Look at this one from 1949! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:London_,_Kodachrome_by_Chalmers_Butterfield_edit.jpg

That is really cool, just makes me want to go take a photograph of the street for 50 years time :D

Its a two stage expression...

1. There is no screen on the back of his camera..??? whut ?
2. He's using.....FILM !!!.....are you insane !!! :wacky:

:LOL:

Don't you just love looking through old photo's of you're family/friends, the pics you never gave a second glance to when you were younger, mean so much more now you gots photo brainwashed...

OOO, thats another thread....post you're retro.:D

Film is a "proper" process. Loading the right film in the first place, No ISO button!
Checking all the details of the shot before you press the button rather than after.
No chimping, no histogram, no flashing highlights. Just double checking beforehand.
Winding film on, no 10fps.
Changing backs.
Unloading the film and the darkness as it gets wound on the spool for the dev tank.
The smell of the chemicals. Checking temperatures.
The light going back on as you get to see the neg for the first time.
The image appearing back on the screen from the neg scan.

The print in all it's black and white glory.

Oh yes I like film. :)

It is the emotive factor that the sterilised digital will never, nor can ever, replace.

Like reading a good, glossy paged book rather than having a DVD of it on the laptop. There is the tactile feel of the book - you are part of it as you turn the pages. On the computer you are so divoced from the process, not a participant, just a spectator. Working with film is like that. It is a part of you, and you made it happen. You are not reduced to a mere button presser.

Don't you just love... the fact that even though its slightly underexposed, has a mark on the negative, cost £10 to develop and 4 days to arrive. That single shot from the first roll of 120 on your rolleicord somehow looks better than the last 1000 that you took on your £1000 digital!

I just love it when I go into Jessops, and ask for a 120 pack of Velvia 100, and the salesman asks "Is that film ?"

Don't you just love.....

Waiting for your next paycheque at the end of the month cos you have your eye on a 5x4 camera?

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hurry UP!!!! I'm going Barmy!

you spend a stupid lump of money on Ebay, for a manual focus fixed focal length film camera lens, no zoom, no af, nothing, and the seller turns out to be someone you know......aaaand Ebay gives you 20% off, for paying with paypal...:D

I figured it was you that won it, my computer stalled :razz::razz::razz: with about 20 seconds to go and when it came back on it was finished :(

Hope it is a nice copy (y)

btw, have you seen the complete kit on atm?

I was going to BIN on Thursday when I got home from work when some fool put in a bid:bang::bang::bang:

Now I've got to wait nearly a week

:eek:, I thought you weren't bothered about a 50...:LOL:

They rarely come up in the UK, and when they do they're expensive.
I know the guy selling it, I met him and another guy from the US in London when he was doing a shoot for RangeRover, I sold him my 150 mam 6 lens for cheap, so he had the set.
I'm watching that kit, just out of interest, why would anyone bid a pound for 1.5k's worth of Mam 6, is it like a lottery ticket or something...:shake:...numptie.
You really need a 50 for you're trip, its the one to shoot with, the 75 will be handy but the 50 is the thing.....unfortunately :(

:boxer: by default..

Incidentally, this is the RangeRover shoot, and the guy I met in London, Chris narrates and is in the Austria video.

He came over for a couple of location shoots here in England, then a couple of shoots one in Austria and one in Le mont St Micheal in the south of France, I caught up with him on the final day of shooting.

He shot all the snaps with a 5D, the big car and stunning backdrop shots were by other members of the team with a Sinar L/F and digi back, its also pictured for a few seconds in the Austria vid.

To see all 4 location shoots, click my link, then click any "RangeRover" button, then find the "did you ever" button.

How comes I don't get to do banging gigs like this...:shrug:

Incidentally again, I have it on good authority that that seller will shortly be listing a Mamiya 6 body, a 75 and the 150 I sold him....:LOL:

....you can't decide whether to take 3 rolls of slide to the lab, or wait....till you have 5..

the anticipation is a killer..

When you pull the 1st few frames off the dev spiral after a couple of minutes of fix and there is actually something there.... :):)

When you finally get your polaroid back working and produce something worth keeping.

LOL took some of a m8 dog while talking the other day, he said lets have a look.
When I said it's a film camera ,He seemed to loose interest.....:shake:

When I said it's a film camera ,He seemed to loose interest.....:shake:

Tccchhh, but that has happened to me too. I might strap a P+S to the top of the film camera and rig it to the same shutter button just so I can show people 'kind of what I was shooting' :D

Tccchhh, but that has happened to me too. I might strap a P+S to the top of the film camera and rig it to the same shutter button just so I can show people 'kind of what I was shooting' :D

:D:D:D

Well.I don't think He will balk at the pics I give Him,or the quality..

On second thoughts,He will probably say " hey, not bad for a old film camera":bang:

i love it when that happens.

the one i've had recently which i loved was a girl on my course asking to look through the camera then telling me my focus was screwed because its a manual focus lens.
then telling me i should change the camera because it was obviously rubbish and not an slr:thinking: lol

Back