Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for reviews on this lightbox Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black anybody got one? any comments good or bad, I want to photograph old negatives to digitalize and put on my computer.
Thanks Brian.

According to the spec, the light is a little on the blue side, but not much and this can be corrected post-capture. However, the claimed CRI of 90 may well result in some missing colours, which is not fixable in post. It has 72 LEDs and the box is quite thin, so I;d be concerned about hot-spots. You could cure this by getting some distance been the light box and the negatives - using say a sheet of glass to place the negs on with the light panel a few inches below it. If you're going to do this though, and you no longer need the surface of the light box, you may as well light your sheet of glass from below with a flash head in a softbox and get a full light spectrum, and a tonne more light.

Check out Unmesh Dhinda's tips on processing your negative images once captured..
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuwnt5ba8M

I'm looking for reviews on this lightbox Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black anybody got one? any comments good or bad, I want to photograph old negatives to digitalize and put on my computer.
Thanks Brian.
You might want to re-post this in the Film & Conventional section, I know a few folks use LED light boxes, someone there might have some experience of the Dorr

Thank you Scooter for your advice ive seen Unmesh Dhinda's a couple of days ago It just got me thinking about light boxes. I will try one first to see what it is like using this method.

Back