Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I'm looking for reviews on this lightbox Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black anybody got one? any comments good or bad, I want to photograph old negatives to digitalize and put on my computer.
Anybody got some ideas for doing this besides this lightbox or recommend other ones.
Thanks Brian.

I use a Cabin CL-5000L lightbox as the colour temperature is that of daylight.

Might be worth looking for one on eBay.

Sorry, I know nothing of the newer LED ones.

I know mine cost a lot when I bought it 15 years ago

Hi
I'm looking for reviews on this lightbox Dorr LT-3838 LED Light Box for Viewing Slides and Negative - Black anybody got one? any comments good or bad, I want to photograph old negatives to digitalize and put on my computer.
Anybody got some ideas for doing this besides this lightbox or recommend other ones.
Thanks Brian.

These light boxes are reviewed on filmscanner.info . The review seems largely positive, except that the colour temperature is said to be 5600 K, and they say it should be 5000 K for reviewing slides/transparencies. I decided to suggest the smaller one (2020) to my daugher as a Christmas present for me!

These light boxes are reviewed on filmscanner.info . The review seems largely positive, except that the colour temperature is said to be 5600 K, and they say it should be 5000 K for reviewing slides/transparencies. I decided to suggest the smaller one (2020) to my daugher as a Christmas present for me!
Thank you ChrisR will look at one.

BTW I decided that less than 1% of the time would be used for reviewing transparencies rather than negatives, and even then strict colour accuracy would not really be an issue (specially given what happens during the scanning phase).

Back