Dorset Holiday (Mavic Pro)

Theres some really well framed shots and it's nice to see some drone footage that's edited at a pace to keep the audience interested, which includes movement shots, overhead and almost stationary - they all add an element of interest.

My critique would be to keep the subjects of the shots together rather than cutting back and forth. For example, great second shot where you're lower than the cliff top and then you cut to the lighthouse, then back to the cliffs, then back to the lighthouse - so you started to build a picture where I'm thinking that the lighthouse is on the top of the cliff and all of a sudden you were going to bank up and we'd see the relationship between the cliff and the lighthouse - but you didn't so it was two excellent shots that told different stories.

Same with the chimney shot. You have a couple of shots together and the third is split up with a lake, then it looked like a sea estuary then back to the chimney then back to a sailboat in the sea. We'd moved on and were expecting the next part of the story but you dragged us back to the chimney then back to the boats that we'd seen in the previous shot and disjointed our journey.

So, out of interest, if you're bothered or course, try and re-cut it so that if you're starting at the sea then set up the shots so you're gradually working inland - or vice versa. Make it so that the drone is on a journey because it's us, as the audience, that's on that journey.

One of the better drone videos I've seen though, really well done!

Theres some really well framed shots and it's nice to see some drone footage that's edited at a pace to keep the audience interested, which includes movement shots, overhead and almost stationary - they all add an element of interest.

My critique would be to keep the subjects of the shots together rather than cutting back and forth. For example, great second shot where you're lower than the cliff top and then you cut to the lighthouse, then back to the cliffs, then back to the lighthouse - so you started to build a picture where I'm thinking that the lighthouse is on the top of the cliff and all of a sudden you were going to bank up and we'd see the relationship between the cliff and the lighthouse - but you didn't so it was two excellent shots that told different stories.

Same with the chimney shot. You have a couple of shots together and the third is split up with a lake, then it looked like a sea estuary then back to the chimney then back to a sailboat in the sea. We'd moved on and were expecting the next part of the story but you dragged us back to the chimney then back to the boats that we'd seen in the previous shot and disjointed our journey.

So, out of interest, if you're bothered or course, try and re-cut it so that if you're starting at the sea then set up the shots so you're gradually working inland - or vice versa. Make it so that the drone is on a journey because it's us, as the audience, that's on that journey.

One of the better drone videos I've seen though, really well done!

No I agree with your points and have some changes planned.

Beautifully edited and some amazing drone work. The more I see of the mavic the more I have to convince myself not to buy one.

Not a massive drone fan, but this is beautiful! Amazing views and so well captured. Thanks for sharing.

Back