Double exposur on an oly om10

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know how to take a double exposure on a om10? I have an idea of a shot i want to do but can't find any info on how to do it. Is it possible?

Thanks

Russell

Probably not without rewinding and hoping you get it lined up correctly.

Okay cheers Steven, I have just had a look at the canon eos 100 and it looks fairly easy with that so I'll use it instead.

There is information on how to do it on the OM-1(n) here, the principle would be the same for the OM10 :http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/om1/om1manual/index1.htm

Dont you just turn the rewind selector on the front to its rewind position and do a normal 'film advance' then put the selector back to its normal position?

Dont you just turn the rewind selector on the front to its rewind position and do a normal 'film advance' then put the selector back to its normal position?

Yes it is possible but a bit finnicky......take the first proposed shot, turn the selector to "rewind position, hold BOTH the rewind selector and the winding handle at the same time as cocking the shutter with the film advance lever.

Hold the selector in place with left hand index finger, the winding handle with left hand thumb.....cock shutter as normal with right hand thumb....take second proposed shot.

If you don't do the above then film will advance as soon as you go to cock the shutter even with the selector in rewind position.

Sounds confusing but it isn't...hope it allows you to get the shot you want.

I've done this with my own OM-10 but wouldn't advise it to be practiced regularly in case it causes damage to the camera mechanisms.

Last edited:
Back