Double HDMI Adapters Question

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon folks,

Hopefully, this is the right place to ask this.

I have a Sony Bravia tv which has only one HDMI socket.

I have a Kodi box currently plugged into it and have just bought an Amazon Firestick.

At present, the only way to use this is to pull out the Kodi adaptor and plug in the Firestick one.

No real biggie but i'd rather have them both constantly plugged in.

So, I can see double HDMI adaptors but my question is - if I bought one and used it, how would I then select the HDMI channel to use the individual gadgets, as surely when I I look at them on my tv, they will both be plugged in as HDMI1 and no way to select either Kodi or Firestick.

Anyone have any experience of this that can advise please?

Afternoon folks,

Hopefully, this is the right place to ask this.

I have a Sony Bravia tv which has only one HDMI socket.

I have a Kodi box currently plugged into it and have just bought an Amazon Firestick.

At present, the only way to use this is to pull out the Kodi adaptor and plug in the Firestick one.

No real biggie but i'd rather have them both constantly plugged in.

So, I can see double HDMI adaptors but my question is - if I bought one and used it, how would I then select the HDMI channel to use the individual gadgets, as surely when I I look at them on my tv, they will both be plugged in as HDMI1 and no way to select either Kodi or Firestick.

Anyone have any experience of this that can advise please?

Some will automatically sense the input from whatever is active but to be sure get one with a press button(s) fitted to enable you to select the required input. :)

Ah right. Thanks for the advice. I might just be ok then

Managed to find one on Amazon for £15 and it auto-detects the item i'm using

Cheers again for the tip

Back