double pictures

Edit My Images
No
on my apple mac how do i get rid of multiple pictures of the same subject
ie i have saved some pictures twice or even 3 times is there a fast way to delete these
without having to highlight them indivigually then send to the trash
i have a few thousand double or trebles

If you're in lightroom it can find all the duplicates using a plug in

Last edited:
I assume the duplicates are photos with the same name but in two or more different folders. If so, then have a look at CCleaner. There is a version for Macs, If it has all the functions of the PC version then it can search for and list files with the same name.

Dave

i have got double pics in the same folder thats my problem

Ah, I see - duplicates of the same photo each with a different name. There might be some image recognition software that could find the doubles but I don't know of any.

Dave

i have got double pics in the same folder thats my problem
Hi Holty are the images in the folder that are duplicates simply edits you have if so try setting a new folder for edits you are usually asked "where would you like to save these photos? and it usually says in the same folder as the original so you end up with 2! try changing the target folder when saving edits to a new folder,this will keep edits and originals separate, hth Mike.

Ah, I see - duplicates of the same photo each with a different name. There might be some image recognition software that could find the doubles but I don't know of any.

Dave

There is definitely free software that does this for video so I'd be very surprised if there wasn't something out there for photos or other files for that matter.

Edited to add. It's worth noting that this sort of software isn't necessarily 100% accurate and can lead you to deleting stuff that was unique. I found it better to make a list of all the files it had identified as possible duplicates and then go and investigate them for myself rather than let it auto delete stuff.

Last edited:
Back