Double stupid

No not seriously. It's equally as dumb as criticising the stickers in someone's window.

:)

Except the fairy dust thing...or the headlight eyelashes ;)

Both my Wife and I have those yellow 'Baby on Board' signs in our cars, and to a point yes I agree, they are a bit pointless. If some is going to drive like an arse and follow me 1.5" from my rear bumper, they will probably do it with or without the sign being there, but I think when you are first time Parent (as we are), they become part of the preparation shopping list for some reason. Stock of Nappies - Check, Wet wipes - Check, Digital thermometer - Check, Silly yellow signs - Check :D

Fairly similar. I think when you re first taking your child back from hospital / first trip, and you are worried about their neck etc I drove very slowly in some bits, around corners etc. I assumed the sign, and it's certainly why I used it anyway, was to indicate the young child on board, I may drive slower than normal, same as someone with an L plate. Basically stop drivers getting frustrated. That said i have not bothered with our second, but I think you are less panicked about everything with your second child.

All that said, there are worse things in the world to get annoyed at! :)

@viv1969 I saw a car this morning on my way to drop my Daughter off at the childminder that you would have loved. It was a silver Fiesta with eyelashes AND two England flay things sticking out of the rear windows. I thought of you straight away :D

And anyone with "Powered by Fairydust" anywhere on the car, or lashes on the headlights should be shot on sight :)
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Come on lets see your audi with the eye lashes on then. (or was it a BMW? or have I totally lost it? Most likely)

I suppose I should confess to winding up other bikers with my crash helmet additions of ears and tail....

....but I am AKA Tigertail! :p

@viv1969 I saw a car this morning on my way to drop my Daughter off at the childminder that you would have loved. It was a silver Fiesta with eyelashes AND two England flay things sticking out of the rear windows. I thought of you straight away :D

Get out....go on...just get out :LOL:

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Come on lets see your audi with the eye lashes on then. (or was it a BMW? or have I totally lost it? Most likely)

:LOL: It's a 14 year old Audi, so you've not lost the plot any more than usual. :sneaky:

:D

I would have chased after her for you, but like I said, I had my Daughter in the car, and shes a little young to experience my road rage at the moment :D

They're never too young to start Nick! :LOL:

I thought I was alone in my hatred for these signs

I assumed they meant "Hey, I'm fertile!" and "Drive around me carefully while I drive like a div carrying my precious cargo"

Everytime I see "Grandchild on Board" I have homicidal thoughts

I thought I was alone in my hatred for these signs

I assumed they meant "Hey, I'm fertile!" and "Drive around me carefully while I drive like a div carrying my precious cargo"

Everytime I see "Grandchild on Board" I have homicidal thoughts

You do know its possible for someone to have a child in the car and drive well, dont you?

Saw one of these the other day... sums it up really
funny_adults_on_board_bumper_sticker-r02203244c0d24337838bd4a48f325a64_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

I suppose I should confess to winding up other bikers with my crash helmet additions of ears and tail....

....but I am AKA Tigertail! :p

Love it Heather (y)

When I had a Volvo I was told you had to follow protocol, so I immediately went out and bought one of those stupid
cling on Garfields and stuck in the window to lower the tone, upset a a few people :D
I love having stupid things on my cars, my last golf had dog pawprints all over it, that embarrassed a few passengers ;)

You are not alone in the crime of helmet addons (oo-er). This was me a few years ago with piggy ears and a curly tail on my lid (and Orinoco obviously).
smDSCN0535Lomond.jpg

Back