Doune Hillclimb, Saturday, 18th April 2015.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Must be a good ten years since I've been here but the weather was warm and sunny, so climbing we did go!

C&C welcome as always.

1. Scene setting........

2. ......more....

3. The number plate was probably worth more than the car......

4. Better show a hill or two.........

5. ...two.....

6. Liked the dappled effect on this one.....

Good set - I especially like the black and white one.

I was in Doune on Friday

7. No idea what this was but it was not new :rolleyes:..........

8. Hill one......

9. Lie down in the dirt one.........

10. Through the trees one...

11. A couple of hill ones to finish......

12. .......

Good set - I especially like the black and white one.

I was in Doune on Friday

Thanks Phil, I was up through the week but no sign of any event, luckily Google was my friend!

Was my first time at Doune this weekend and hopefully won't be my last. A lovely hill and as the OP has shown you can get some good shots. pity we had so many incidents over the two days so the competitors only got one timed run on each day.

Can not believe how steep the top section of what they call the meadow is. (For those at you who haven't been look at picture 5 to get an idea)

Number 7 is an Austin 7 Special

Last edited:
Was my first time at Doune this weekend and hopefully won't be my last. A lovely hill and as the OP has shown you can get some good shots. pity we had so many incidents over the two days so the competitors only got one timed run on each day.

Can not believe how steep the top section of what they call the meadow is. (For those at you who haven't been look at picture 5 to get an idea)

Number 7 is an Austin 7 Special

Thanks for the comments and good to know what 7 was.:ty:

Nice setMike. never made it to Doune myself as the dates always seem to clash with other stuff.

3 and 4 for me, b/w my fav

Thanks for that, Harry, making it b/w was just a spur of the moment thing but it seems the most popular.

Great photos, like the lighting in number 6

Thanks, Paul, pleased with that one too.

Nice shots, but by far. . .No 3 for me, cracking image, love it.

Thanks, David, it was worth getting my old bones down in the dirt for that one.

Nice setMike. never made it to Doune myself as the dates always seem to clash with other stuff.

Thanks very much, John, usually clashes for me too but giving the circuit stuff a rest for a while and hopefully will do more MX.

My first thought was that you'd overdone the slanted shots but then I spotted the vertical trees and Munch's comment about the steepness of the meadow section! Nice set of images showing the cars off well.

Looking forward to the 9th/10th May for the 500 club and VSCC having their joint weekend at our local hill - Wiscombe park.

Nice set love the MX5 used to own one great car and could move a bit when pushed on

My first thought was that you'd overdone the slanted shots but then I spotted the vertical trees and Munch's comment about the steepness of the meadow section! Nice set of images showing the cars off well.

Looking forward to the 9th/10th May for the 500 club and VSCC having their joint weekend at our local hill - Wiscombe park.

Thanks very much, Nod, I hope the weather is as good at your event.

There's an even steeper bit a few yards further on but the cars look static with their brakes hard on:eek:

Nice set love the MX5 used to own one great car and could move a bit when pushed on

Thanks for that, Terry, there were a fair number of Mazda's competing but I thought that one was the nicest!

Looks a fun day Mike nice colours and light in these with some good low speed panning

Thanks very much, Gaza, to be honest, I was just trying to make the shots more interesting.

There was a reason I had not been there for a decade or so but I am glad how most of them turned out.

Looks an interesting place Mike, especially on a nice sunny day, lots of different types of cars too. another vote for #3 from me.

Really good varied set, last three for me (just cos I'm boring lol) need to try for a hill climb this year - only ever ridden a motorcycle up them, never actually watched or photographed.

.DAVID.

nice set Mike, not normally a fan of b&w motorsport but yours is a lovely shot.

Thanks, Graham, I have much the same views on B&W but it seemed to work this time.

Looks an interesting place Mike, especially on a nice sunny day, lots of different types of cars too. another vote for #3 from me.

Many thanks, Neil.

Really good varied set, last three for me (just cos I'm boring lol) need to try for a hill climb this year - only ever ridden a motorcycle up them, never actually watched or photographed.

.DAVID.

Thanks, David, I am prepared to bet you will have a lot more fun participating than clicking:rolleyes:

Back