Critique Dove Stone Reservoir

Ahhhh, the start of Autumn is very apparent in the first image, some lovely colours developing there, captured in some nice light on the hills.

I think you've picked a difficult time of day to take pictures, there's a large difference bewteen light and shadow, the dynamic range is very wide, especially in the second image. These would be well worth a revisit in the golden hours.

I'd crop a fair chunk off the bottom of the first, make it more letterboxy and lose some of the sky too and those bright highlights.

You have a decent composition with a good lead in in the second image with the path leading you in. Again, I think you could afford to lose some sky and maybe pull down the exposure.

Good stuff though, should look very cool when the Autumn colours really develop in the coming days and weeks. I can see these on a calm still morning when those colours come through.

The 2nd one is nice - if it wasn’t for the rusty oranges in the fg and the fat trees I’d have believed you if you’d said it was a summers day!

Back