Down at the Farm

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Alien ant farm that is where the cows are aphids.

Click image to view larger

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent shot, as always.
Maybe run a little NR on the background, there's some chroma noise creeping in. Also in a perfect world the out-of focus ants in the foreground wouldn't be there I find them distracting on the larger size. Enough critical talk though, the detail ad lighting is excellent.

Fantastic shot! This evening I noticed a lot of ants in my garden apparently moving house.. they were carrying what looked like eggs from the old nest to the new one.

It is wonderful to see nature in action!

Thanks All, comments much appreciated.
Sean I noticed the noise but I did this on my Mac and haven't got neat image on that station yet. Note to myself to sort it out soon.
Deasy it sounds I a good opportunity for some macro to me :)

Yes Carl it is one the natures symbiotic relationships, in return for the sweet sticky secretions the aphids produce the ants protect them. Some wasps mimic ants and inject their ova into the aphids right under the noses of the ants too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent image Alby, and interesting information too

Yes Carl it is one the natures symbiotic relationships, in return for the sweet sticky secretions the aphids produce the ants protect them. Some wasps mimic ants and inject their ova into the aphids right under the noses of the ants too.

No only a clear and detailed shot (y), but also the answer to my question before i posted it !

Back