Down Tor Stone circle

It looks like it would stand sharpening and the levels adjusting it little, but it's pretty damned good. :thumb:

as above, nice image, very impressed!

trubble is i use Gimp now as I have gone 100% linux and i am still getting to grips with GIMP, but will have a good go and re-post. I take it if it's a link and not a pic i can post it twice in one thread. a little unclear about that :confused-

IanC_UK said:
If its an edited repost of the same picture, its allowed ! :) as i understand it !

As for using GIMPs, im not sure i want to go there ! ;)

LMAO ohh but im sure you know steve ! :LOL:

In photoshop, add an adjustment layer, adjust levels, flatten the image again, use filters, sharpen, unsharp mask a couple times and thats it ! like i said 30 seconds or so in PS and thats the difference you get ! There are far better people at PS here that could get much better results, but that was a quicky to show you whats possible ! :)

Best bet, is read through this article that Matt wrote, and see if you can do the same sort of stuff in Linux package ! :)

IanC_UK said:
In photoshop, add an adjustment layer, adjust levels, flatten the image again, use filters, sharpen, unsharp mask a couple times and thats it ! like i said 30 seconds or so in PS and thats the difference you get ! There are far better people at PS here that could get much better results, but that was a quicky to show you whats possible ! :)

Best bet, is read through this article that Matt wrote, and see if you can do the same sort of stuff in Linux package ! :)

Thanks mate , that was really helpfull :) :) :) :)

Dezyboy, I use gimp quite a bit if you need any help finding things. It can do all that PS can do but its just in a different place and called something else.

BTW, 2.4 has got a really nice sounding feature called foreground select tool coming!!! Can't wait!
:)

SammyC said:
Dezyboy, I use gimp quite a bit if you need any help finding things. It can do all that PS can do but its just in a different place and called something else.

BTW, 2.4 has got a really nice sounding feature called foreground select tool coming!!! Can't wait!
:)

cool, thanks SammyC

Gimp?? ok.....

Yeh, you try typing www.gimp.org into your work PC without feeling a little nervous! lol

Regarding the new upcoming version:

This release features the prototype of a new foreground selection tool that is being developed in cooperation with the department of Computer Science at the Freie Universität Berlin. The SIOX algorithm makes selection of foreground objects a lot easier. Instead of trying to trace the object boundary, the user now only has to specify the region of interest and some representative foreground pixels. SIOX (Simple Interactive Foreground eXtraction) does the rest.

I have just been having my first real serious play with the GIMP

After this I real do believe the GIMP can do everything PS can do, whats more its free.

was playing with the stone cirle image

Levels adjusted

Clone and tidy

Colour Levels

I am ditching photoshop after this, as the gimp can do everything I need. well happy.

IanC_UK said:
Damn damn damn ! I was near there a few weeks ago, even drove to Burrator !!

Wish i had known ! i was looking for things to photograph !

Oh well will just have to go back !!! :)

Park at the car park at the back of the res, and walk up a roman road past loads of landscape shots, then past the old farm house (another cool shot) then follow the foot path on your left untill you breach the hill.... then you there.

and unlike me make sure you have your camera read as your walking in case you fluster a kestral into flight. damn :censored:

tom tom go will take you right there if you POI Edit and save it as a point of interest (just do a google search for poi edit)

longitude -3.994
Latitude 50.5064

that will put you at the right car park and walk you up the roman road, then just keep going till the blue arrow hits the marker spot.

Back