Downloading problem...

Name
Douglas
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anybody solve a conundrum??

Usually, when I want to save a pic to my computer, I right click and save picture as.......

Until today, it gave me the option of saving as .jpg, but now it will only allow me to save as .art or .bmp :thinking:

Any ideas??

Thanks

Clear out your temporary internet files IIRC.

Thanks Marcel,

I do this religiously every day on closedown - it doesn't help I'm afraid:crying:

Are you using AOL? ART is AOL's image compression format. To solve the problem, turn off image compression in your AOL software.

POSSIBLY is may be a very low res image, my pc wants to default to bmp in those instances.....

POSSIBLY is may be a very low res image, my pc wants to default to bmp in those instances.....

Sorry, that's not the problem either, it happens with images of all resolutions and qualities. Thanks anyway:)

Happened since you downloaded Lightroom Doug?

No, it actually happened after I booted up this morning. No other symptoms at all. It's a mystery:LOL:

Are you using AOL? ART is AOL's image compression format. To solve the problem, turn off image compression in your AOL software.

GFK, you are a friend for life, and any time you're up this way I'll buy you a pint or three!!

I don't know or understand what has happened, but the problem has disappeared.

More importantly, all my images, which I have uploaded here, on 'bucket and Flikr, which I thought were looking awful due to compression artifacts, are now much cleaner, much more like the originals.

I have been fretting about this for many months, thinking it a natural consequence of compression. Now I have dozens of photographs which I thought were ruined, which are now perfectly acceptable.

Thanks a million:clap: :notworthy: :ty: :canon:

Back