• Panasonic LX7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuji X20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

I currently have a Panasonic DMC-G10 but looking for a compact which is less bulky and more like something I can carry around in my trouser/coat pocket. I've spent about a week looking online at various forums and articles and have a few camera's which could be possibilities;

Sony RX100
Panasonic LX7
Fuji X20

No real "main" use as such, I guess probably just general out-and-about photos whilst walking the dog or about towns etc. Size is important as the G10 takes decent photos but I find myself not wanting to take the camera out due to the weight so the RX100 seems to be the best in that category.

Zoom isn't massively important, depth of field is always good (LX7 wins here I think). Being easy to handle is a bonus so the RX100 loses points for this.

X20 physically looks like a nice camera as well as getting good reviews and I think the firmware has fixed many issues?

Any assistance and thoughts are appreciated!

Shallower depth of field is a combination of a larger sensor and aperture. Your Panasonic has a micro four thirds sensor so is going to be more capable at the same aperture than those compacts. Of course you would need something other than the kit lens.

Those cameras are well regarded though. If you wanted to keep lens options look at the Panasonic GM1 or Nikon 1 series. Or there's also the Fuji X100/S and Ricoh GR if you don't mind a fixed lens.

the lumix GX1 is a decent camera and not a bad size with a pancake lens or the compact zoom option. also it would take all your current kit.
Other than that, the sony looks great and the LX7 gets good reviews. I really liked my LX5. However, I'd be tempted by the sony as the low light capabilities are supposed to be excellent with it's APS-C sensor (if I'm thinking of the right camera)

Back