DPD, anyone know how to speak to somone please

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
DPD, what a useless lot

I received an email on 10/01/18 saying my parcel would be delivered today11/01/18 it also said I would receive a one hour slot once the parcel had been loaded onto the van by 11.00
Its now 13.00 on the 11th, I have received no additional email or text and not pleased after waiting in all morning for nothing

Tried their contact number, that just asks for a parcel number then says its on the way.
Found another number that is allegedly cust service, that one has a recorded message saying line has a fault

Then tried their email contact form, that comes back as undeliverable even though its obviously set up by them and doesn't give me the opportunity to input an email address

Heard these were good, must be joking and much prefer My Hermes where the old dear that delivers is reliable

So anyone know how to contact them please, my local depot is Peterborough if that helps

Thank you

Last edited:
My experience of couriers is that they won't speak to the receiver, only the sender so maybe worth getting the sender to chase it.

I also find in my area the complete opposite - DPD are brilliant and My Hermes are useless (they regularly deliver my packages to the wrong street!!)

Do you have a tracking number? You can live track the van with your parcel on

I do, but when I enter my reference number I get this cheery little message

Unable to retrieve your search results. Please try again later.

Never again with this lot, so that's their phone, tracking and email that doesn't work
Wondering if they have gone bust?

I've had very good service from DPD. The app works great too.
Seems like something's gone amiss with your delivery though. I presume you've tried these numbers from their website:
0121 275 0500 or 0844 556 0560

DPD are brilliant here and the tracking first rate :(

Rich. Two numbers for you to try. ..
0333 005 1745
0901 545 8703

Both are local rate numbers AFTER you have paid your £6 connection fee.
You pensioners have plenty of moolah so give them a try.

Thanks all, numbers reach the same destination and ask for a reference number

To be honest not that bothered when it comes, just annoyed at being messed about and even worse nobody to speak too
The last bit will ensure I never use them again, absolutely s*** customer service and good luck to anyone who had something urgent go awry.

Don't use social media, but if I did they would be getting a right slating and believe me when I say companies hate that.
(I had dealings at a high level with complaints for a multi national company, Twitter etc was dealt with before the mainstream media)

Last edited:
Thought back to when I worked and remembered the lines that are always manned are sales, strange that.

Now on hold for cust service after being transferred from the new business department, will probably just time out, but its a start

There you have it, DPD are officially crap or at least I think so.

Apparently once they receive the recipients delivery details from the sender it triggers an automated email saying you will get the package tomorrow.
One flaw with that plan, they don't have to actually have the package in their possession for that message to be sent.

So if they had the goods they would deliver them, maybe receipt of the package should trigger the email rather than an address.
Even worse I had to go via a very convoluted route to actually speak to someone, kept on hold for a good ten to fifteen minutes
Sales answered on the third ring, what a shocker, so now off to find out if the seller has actually sent my stuff.

Another happy DPD user here. Head and shoulders the best parcel service.

Used them for years and never a problem.

Crikey, some people get wound up so much about such trivial things, I seriously wonder how they function in adult society.

DPD deliver nearly a million parcels every day in the UK. But if they make just ONE mistake, then obviously they're totally useless, incompetent, never to be trusted etc.

I use DPD to deliver over 10,000 parcels a year, all very valuable obviously, and I get something like 98% of them delivered on time - which means within a 1-hour time window which they've notified to the recipient. 98%. There isn't another parcel company in the UK that gets anywhere near that.

But they made one mistake, so they're useless.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that the recipient of a parcel generally can't talk to the delivery company's customer services people for the simple reason that the recipient is not a customer. DPD aren't unique in this way. Try finding someone to talk to at TNT, or My Hermes, or Parcel Force, or any of them. They'll all tell you exactly the same thing - talk to the supplier. DPD's contractual relationship is with the supplier, not with you. Your contractual relationship is with the supplier, not with DPD. If you have a problem with a delivery, talk to your supplier and they'll sort it out. They will have an account manager, a list of contacts, channels for escalating issues when things go seriously wrong. That's far more efficient than dealing with people like you who have no idea how their operations actually work.

But they made one mistake, so they're useless.

Actually the ironic thing is that from what you've said it's the supplier who has messed up here. What the supplier has done is they've booked your delivery with DPD, they've printed a barcode label,... and then they haven't sent the parcel. They can't do that and not be aware of it - the manifest says there should be "N" parcels to be loaded onto the van, and if there are actually only "N-1" then that will be apparent when they sign the scanner. The supplier really should have told you they weren't sending the parcel. If only you'd spoken to them instead of ranting about DPD.

Last edited:
There you have it, DPD are officially crap or at least I think so.

Apparently once they receive the recipients delivery details from the sender it triggers an automated email saying you will get the package tomorrow.
One flaw with that plan, they don't have to actually have the package in their possession for that message to be sent.

So if they had the goods they would deliver them, maybe receipt of the package should trigger the email rather than an address.
Even worse I had to go via a very convoluted route to actually speak to someone, kept on hold for a good ten to fifteen minutes
Sales answered on the third ring, what a shocker, so now off to find out if the seller has actually sent my stuff.

I think you may have a simplified version here and it will/may be your supplier in error...there is normally an optional advance email saying we have your parcel details and will start transit soon, we will update you when it starts to move. And then another email that you received that should only be sent when your supplier triggers it as goods collected.

It sounds to me like someone got trigger happy with the second message, an error we have made at work when shipping on a 3rd party basis for another company as they hadn’t explained this in advance.

Another happy DPD user here. Head and shoulders the best parcel service.

Used them for years and never a problem.

:plus1:

DPD been good for me, like the text in the morning with the hour time slot

Hermes on the other hand:(.....been indoors and get an email to say they've left parcel in the porch (we've not got a porch by the way) but easily cleared up as we have CCTV

Have always been very happy with DPD. Even been able to track the delivery on Google maps so can see exactly where they are at any time up to my own delivery.

Have always been very happy with DPD. Even been able to track the delivery on Google maps so can see exactly where they are at any time up to my own delivery.

Yes thats a nice feature with the map and also states driver is at delivery no 33 you are 45 (for example)

I think you may have a simplified version here and it will/may be your supplier in error...there is normally an optional advance email saying we have your parcel details and will start transit soon, we will update you when it starts to move. And then another email that you received that should only be sent when your supplier triggers it as goods collected.

It sounds to me like someone got trigger happy with the second message, an error we have made at work when shipping on a 3rd party basis for another company as they hadn’t explained this in advance.

I agree that sounds plausible, but DPD sent the email saying your parcel will be delivered tomorrow so blame sits squarely with them.

For everyone saying how the sun shines from their backside does nobody see that a total lack of cust service is less than desirable.
Fine if everything goes well, but the real value of a company is how they deal when it doesn't and they failed miserably on that count.

Sorry, Rich. Think you're wrong on this one.
It's the supplier that's at fault. b*****k him - I would. In fact I'll do it for you if you like. I've not had a good argument for at least - 2 hours.

Crikey, some people get wound up so much about such trivial things, I seriously wonder how they function in adult society.

What a patronising thing to say, but not the first time you have spoken without engaging your brain is it.
How could you possibly know how I do or don't function, just p***ed off with their rubbish customers service.

These days you can't be cross without some prat saying you need anger management.

Sorry, Rich. Think you're wrong on this one.
It's the supplier that's at fault. b*****k him - I would. In fact I'll do it for you if you like. I've not had a good argument for at least - 2 hours.

To be honest f*** the lot of them, can't be bothered and got better things to do with my time which the ensuing suspension will no doubt assist.

If/when you get suspended I'll be in Leeds at 9.40 next Tuesday - train delays permitting.
Meet at Cafe Nero on the station concourse:p

The issue is that as the receiver you are not DPD or any other couriers customer. The sender is.

I regularly use Lovell Rugby and get items shipped by DPD. When Lovell ship the package I get a DPD notification it will arrive the following day. This isn’t DPD that send this. It’s triggered when the retailer says it’s shipped.

I agree that sounds plausible, but DPD sent the email saying your parcel will be delivered tomorrow so blame sits squarely with them.

For everyone saying how the sun shines from their backside does nobody see that a total lack of cust service is less than desirable.
Fine if everything goes well, but the real value of a company is how they deal when it doesn't and they failed miserably on that count.

I wouldn't say the sun shines from their backside but seems like the majority posted here have had good service from DPD, I can understand your frustration here as it's not really all to do with the item not being delivered but more than not being able to speak to a human to resolve the issue afterwards.

Terrible customer service from Dpd here too.
Was expecting a parcel when we had all that snow. I was in all day waiting , partly because nothing here was able to get out or in, trees down, roads closed, sheet ice, snow drifts etc.

The Dpd driver rang me from his personal mobile at about 12pm apologising that he couldn’t get down the country lanes to me to deliver that day, but would keep trying.

Come 9pm I get knock on the door, I fully expected it to be a neighbour asking for help, but no it was the Dpd driver.
What an inconvenience, I was in my pyjamas watching tv and he just turns up out of the blue and hand me a parcel.

Bloody disgusting.

Terrible customer service from Dpd here too.
Was expecting a parcel when we had all that snow. I was in all day waiting , partly because nothing here was able to get out or in, trees down, roads closed, sheet ice, snow drifts etc.

The Dpd driver rang me from his personal mobile at about 12pm apologising that he couldn’t get down the country lanes to me to deliver that day, but would keep trying.

Come 9pm I get knock on the door, I fully expected it to be a neighbour asking for help, but no it was the Dpd driver.
What an inconvenience, I was in my pyjamas watching tv and he just turns up out of the blue and hand me a parcel.

Bloody disgusting.

Hi Tom,

Sounds like the DPD driver done his best to get your parcel delivered to you under the bad weather conditions, what was the terrible service from customer service?

Hi Tom,

Sounds like the DPD driver done his best to get your parcel delivered to you under the bad weather conditions, what was the terrible service from customer service?

I may be wrong... but I think he might have been being sarcastic..... :sneaky:

DPD sent the email saying your parcel will be delivered tomorrow so blame sits squarely with them.
I asked my DPD account manager about this. Why does DPD notify the recipient before they (DPD) even have the parcel in their hands?

Her answer was that they're trying to give the recipient as much notice as possible so they have the best chance of taking delivery without problems. If the recipient needs to check whether anybody in the household is going to be at home, or if they need to check whether a neighbour is going to be in, or if they want to review other delivery options (eg deliver to shop or collect from depot), then the more time they have the better. (Interestingly she said that this is in DPD's interest as much as the recipient's, because right-first-time deliveries are much more cost-effective.)

Suppliers can and do book deliveries throughout the day. Most small suppliers will do a daily upload - for example at LensesForHire we close for orders at 15:00 and do the upload between 15:00 and 15:30. But larger suppliers can be booking stuff all day. Most DPD collections from suppliers are in the late afternoon, so the parcels can't be scanned by DPD until late afternoon, and sometimes for various reasons they can't be scanned until the van gets back to the depot, which might be 18:00-19:00. Their view is that giving recipients a few more hours to plan how to take delivery makes a big difference to the success rate. And 99.99% of parcels which are booked by suppliers are actually sent - your experience where the supplier booked the delivery but didn't send the parcel is very rare - so there's very little downside.

Additionally, if a delivery is booked but the parcel isn't actually sent, the DPD systems should notice that and let you know. That takes time - they probably need to wait until everything has cleared the hub, maybe around 04:00, and then the system can work out which parcels have been booked but not scanned anywhere - but you should have got that email. If you didn't, that's where the glitch was. Are you sure you didn't receive it? Maybe check your spam folder?

Anyway, that's how the system is supposed to work. Hope you found it helpful.

I was supposed to have a router delivered by DPD on Wednesday and had the email advising me of my 1 hour window of delivery. Unfortunately I couldn't be in at that particular time so I went on the web site, cancelled the delivery and arranged for it to be delivered today
2018-01-10
09:12:00
As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Fri 12 January 2018, DPD Consumer
2018-01-11
01:12:00
Your parcel has arrived at our Ferndown depot, Bournemouth
2018-01-11
11:09:00
Your parcel is being held in our DPD Ferndown depot, Bournemouth

Did it turn up .... did it hell,what a waste of a day :mad:

I was supposed to have a router delivered by DPD on Wednesday and had the email advising me of my 1 hour window of delivery. Unfortunately I couldn't be in at that particular time so I went on the web site, cancelled the delivery and arranged for it to be delivered today...
... and then when you didn't get an email this morning advising you of your 1 hour driver window, you contacted your supplier, and they got on to DPD, and sorted it out for you.

Didn't you?

Back