DPOTY 2024 - Chat thread

Have I missed something, has @santafe2000 left the building?
Ah, the machinations of a forum, any forum, are not for us to know. Our purpose is to submit [images] and not question our overlords! :eek:

Strange?
Deleted, not even banned:eek:???

He departed with all of his baggage at his own request yesterday. Hopefully he will return after some thinking time, albeit probably with a new moniker.

Last edited:
He departed with all of his baggage at his own request yesterday, a massive flounce for having his images moved from a Talk forum to an Images one. Hopefully he will return after some thinking time, albeit probably with a new moniker.
I'm back Lindsay, albeit, briefly... I wondered what justification you had for making the statement that I had a "massive flounce?" A cheap and unwarranted shot with no justification! I saw posts had been removed the day before I asked for my profile to be deleted and wasn't remotely interested. Maybe you'd like to share how rude I was or how I complained when I asked for my profile to be deleted? No... because I was perfectly polite as I've always been to other members and admin on this forum and I can't even understand why you would think that having posts moved to another section would upset anyone.

As I had said in previous posts I was in the process of building my photography website and removing myself from social media. I had another massive flounce and removed myself from 500px and will be having another massive flounce and removing myself from Flickr very shortly too. So you see, I didn't need thinking time, and I won't be back under a new moniker. I would hope that as admin on this site you learn to be more circumspect and balanced in your future comments.

Taking this to PM rather than spoil/disrupt the thread

Well I've put my picture in for April. I've tried all sorts to get a picture of a bird trying to get a worm. Originally I dug a round hole in the ground with my GoPro in the bottom and baited the edge of the hole with seeds and things, hoping the bird would look down into the hole. I even tried putting a piece of glass over the hole and scattered seeds on the top -- absolutely nothing. During this time, a blackbird decided to make a nest in my greenhouse, amongst some plant pots on a shelf that luckily had slats in it. This is picture number 15,881 of about 17,000 that I've taken trying to get this bloody worm picture using my GoPro on interval timer. It's out of focus but then who said worms could focus!!

Last edited:
Well I've put my picture in for April. I've tried all sorts to get a picture of a bird trying to get a worm. Originally I dug a round hole in the ground and baited the edge of the hole with seeds and things, hoping the bird would look down into the hole. I even tried putting a piece of glass over the hole and scattered seeds on the top -- absolutely nothing. During this time, a blackbird decided to make a nest in my greenhouse, amongst some plant pots on a shelf that luckily had slats in it. This is picture number 15,881 of about 17,000 that I've taken trying to get this bloody worm picture using my GoPro on interval timer. It's out of focus but then who said worms could focus!!
Well done Martin, the effort alone should get you a hundred votes ;)

Back