DPP Says 'Graphics processor not available'?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

The install disc that came with my 5DIV has DPP 4.5.5

It installs fine on my office PC.

However, when I run it on my home Schenker laptop (a couple of yrs old, but still a pretty good laptop by modern standards) it says 'graphics card not available'. Suffice to say, no files, CR2 or JPG show up in DPP (it seems to run, just doesn't see files with graphic content). It has an Nvidia Quadro K1100m graphics card, with latest driver installed. Nikon software seems quite happy to run on this laptop. All else is ok with it.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Google search is not showing anything helpful. The error message is synonymous with photo editing SW...

Thanks in advance.

What operating system and version are you running on the desktop(office PC) and what on the laptop???

That might help to give an indication as to what might be the problem?

FWIW I found this about DPP v4 and higher

DPP is designed to work with 64-bit native systems, so that you can squeeze more colour and tonal information from your full-frame RAW files. For this reason you’ll need to be running 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8 or 10, whilst Mac users will need OSX 10.8 or upwards.

So also best to state whether you are indeed running 64bit version of the OS as appropriate on the desktop & laptop???

Last edited:
Thanks.

Both machines are running the same edition of Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. The laptop has a good spec: Schenker machines are designed for high-end graphics / gaming and compete with desktops on spec. I don't think the OS has been cut down in any way compared to my desktop PC.

Is there a 'use graphics processor' option in the preferences you can disable, as in this image of the Mac version?:

http://canonusa.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/15062i4C5488E04C666034?v=1.0

I think they are up to 4.8x now - have you tried downloading and installing the latest update from Canon's site?

Yes there is. In the "Image Processing 2" tab of preferences. The option says it enables GPU usage for image processing and also image previewing in the windows version.

That's on my version 4.7.1.0

Last edited:
Thanks!

Just checked and it will not let me tick the box in 'Graphics processor settings' - it simply does nothing, box is irresponsive. Guess I will try to DL newer version. Will it let me do it for a grey import?

Update: downloaded latest version no problem. Installed it and get 'successfully installed' message. When I try and run it I get the lens avatar as it starts to load, but then a windows box says 'an error occurred' and shuts DPP down, so I don't even get i to DPP at all. I went back to the install disc and still get the original message re: graphics. I then kept the 4.5.5 install but tried to install newer version over it, only to get 'an error occurred'. Am totally losing the will to live. A big reason why I got a Canon was to use DPP. This is really annoying. Botb office PCs use it now, but home laptop does not.

Back