Drag Race firsts

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning. I'm reasonably new to photography and as you'll see I'm new around here, so I thought I'd post up a few images from last season at the drag strip to see how they're received - C&C welcomed.....

1 - Super Mod launch
Bug_Jam155.jpg

2 - Fordson burnout
bout.jpg

3 - Chevy Pick-up launch
al_mopars.jpg

4 - Buggy on the startline
Bug_Jam79.jpg

Think #3 works best from a photographic point of view.

Subject matter in #1 lets it down a bit (ford granny) but I do like how it has captured the brutal force these cars put through their tyres under heavy acceleration - deformation of that right rear tyre is mental!

As a newcomer, how did you swing it to get trackside?
I like all of the shots.

If you want to showcase any of your Drag Race Photos, then a good place is
http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk/ I have a few pages that feature there, picture that I shot many years ago. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work perhaps later in the year?

Kelvin

Very good set. #4 slighly edges it, very atmospheric

Have you 'enhanced' the image at all or is it 'au natural'?

I grew up at Santa Pod, well it certainly felt that way with my Dad and his mates.

Great shots, no. 2 because its evocative for me - I can hear the noise, feel the vibrations and smell the burning rubber. No. 3 is my favourite from a photography perspective, the last oneid excellent also in it's composition.

Last edited:
Do like #3
They look rather static though,considering they're launches :thinking:
Must admit to having no experience of drag racing though :shake:

Thanks for the comments.

I did enhance nos 3 & 4 - no science involved though, just played with PS till it sort of looked ok....

I've been drag racing for more years than I care to remember, but getting track side at either of the tracks is fairly simple at the smaller meetings to be honest.

I was crewing for the guys in #3 & #4, so I just took my camera along too.

I'll post some more pics from last year soon, if thats ok.

Cheers

Dave

Some nice pictures there.

I'm going to Santa Pod for the 'Main Event' which is the first round in the European Championships, definitely taking my camera and hopefully will get some ok-ish shots.

I was crewing for the guys in #3 & #4, so I just took my camera along too.

I used to get trackside that way :)

Last edited:
Really liking #3 i think the sky makes the pic would really look good printed and hanging on the wall imho (y)

The last one is bloody awesome!!

:agree:

Really nice composition that. The sky and lead in lines work a treat. If I was being a little picky, I'd like a little more room on the left hand side of the buggy.

#2 and #3 - the people are a little distracting and #1 doesn't quite work, it's a little over exposed I think.

Back