Dragon Fly

A damselfy is a dragonfly
"Zygoptera comes from the Greek zygo meaning joined or paired and ptera meaning wings. They have two pairs of similar wings, unlike the dragonflies (suborder Anisoptera), whose hind wings are broader than their forewings. Damselflies also can fold up their wings, and dragonflies can't. Damsel flies can only land, but not walk." from wikipedia
Sorry to be so pedantic but.....
Nice shot btw. I would have cropped on the left.

Last edited:
"Zygoptera comes from the Greek zygo meaning joined or paired and ptera meaning wings. They have two pairs of similar wings, unlike the dragonflies (suborder Anisoptera), whose hind wings are broader than their forewings. Damselflies also can fold up their wings, and dragonflies can't. Damsel flies can only land, but not walk." from wikipedia

True enough, but both anisoptera and zygoptera belong to the order Odonata. Wikipedia also says "Odonata is an order of insects, encompassing dragonflies (Anisoptera) and damselflies (Zygoptera). The word dragonfly is also sometimes used to refer to all Odonata,.. Odonata enthusiasts avoid ambiguity by using the term true dragonfly, or simply Anisopteran, when referring to just the Anisoptera." The British Dragonfly Society refer to damselflies as dragonflies.

Anyway, back to the OP, the photo has gone!

Looks a bit overexposed to me. In fact so much so that it's all white !! Where's it gone ?

I removed it.

I posted the image to get some constructive comments regarding the photo as you can see from the comments above that didn't happen and it became a bit silly.

I posted it on a different forum instead.

Back