Dragonfly

Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this at Lackford as well, it landed on the front of one of the hides just as I was about to go in, I think it's a female black-tailed skimmer (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have a dedicated macro lens (yet :D) so this is just taken with my Sigma 70-300mm lens

C & C welcome & appreciated

Alison :)

Dragonfly_resized1.jpg

Great shot, I am just getting into macro again, must go bug hunting.:)
The only thing I would say is that maybe you missed the focus slightly as it seems to me that it is on the wood and not the dragonfly.

Great shot, I am just getting into macro again, must go bug hunting.:)
The only thing I would say is that maybe you missed the focus slightly as it seems to me that it is on the wood and not the dragonfly.

Thank you, I don't have a dedicated macro lens - this was just taken with my Sigma 70-300 lens, I just love the detail in their wings :)

Is your 70-300 one of the macro ones? Some lenses of that type can give up to half-lifesize "macro" which should be plenty close enough for frame filling shots of something this size. Cracking beastie whatever it is...wonderful colours :)

Is your 70-300 one of the macro ones? Some lenses of that type can give up to half-lifesize "macro" which should be plenty close enough for frame filling shots of something this size. Cracking beastie whatever it is...wonderful colours :)

Thank you, yes it is the 70-300 APO Macro lens, glad you like her - I think it's a female anyway :)

Nice shot (y)(y)(y)

Cheers, glad you like it :)

Back