Dragonfly

I like this comp but its a bit "dull", it needs the shadows pulling back and I think it will improve the shot, shame you have cropped the rhs legs.

I like this comp but its a bit "dull", it needs the shadows pulling back and I think it will improve the shot, shame you have cropped the rhs legs.

Cheers Graham, I'm afraid the shot was taken in a rush hand held, hence the missing leg, the water on it's eye is the first spots of rain from the thunderstorm that followed, so as you can imagine the light was very poor, good job it was only a few yards to the car :)

Have you had a look over at Flickr Graham? The DoF is very thin but what is in focus has great clarity and detail, and (seen at the full uploaded size at Flickr) the play of light looks rather good to me. So not so dull to my eye.

Have you had a look over at Flickr Graham? The DoF is very thin but what is in focus has great clarity and detail, and (seen at the full uploaded size at Flickr) the play of light looks rather good to me. So not so dull to my eye.
Hi Nick, yes I did and even on here the detail is good, I just thought maybe it could have done with a little boost.
Cheers Graham, I'm afraid the shot was taken in a rush hand held, hence the missing leg, the water on it's eye is the first spots of rain from the thunderstorm that followed, so as you can imagine the light was very poor, good job it was only a few yards to the car :)
I guess you get what you can in the time. Rain, but I do like the shot.
whats that :eek: not seen any descent rain for 2 years now (South of France)

not seen any descent rain for 2 years now (South of France)
Jammy git, I can send you some over, there is plenty about in Derbyshire :)

Jammy git, I can send you some over, there is plenty about in Derbyshire :)
I don't miss the UK though [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

This better for the leg Graham, I've merged the next shot in the burst of three I took , the third being out of focus was no good, but second one did get the full leg in view but not as sharp as the first one :)

This better for the leg Graham, I've merged the next shot in the burst of three I took , the third being out of focus was no good, but second one did get the full leg in view but not as sharp as the first one :)

Ah well, that's lots better, it doesn't matter if something is oof if the main part is in focus. Lovely recovery [emoji106]

Nice shots Ian

Back