Dragons, damsels, butterfly and a spider

Edit My Images
No
Here is a selection of some recent macro pics. Hope you like them.

Small Copper:
p904691222-4.jpg

Emerald damsel
p602184555-4.jpg

p613504804-4.jpg

A Brown Hawker:
p692129934-4.jpg

and a very late in the season Broad-bodied chaser
p848556560-4.jpg

Last but not least, is a young Raft spider:
p636272606-4.jpg

Linda

Some nice shots :) I like the first, third and fourth. It's a shame you chopped the tails and legs off the others.

Some nice shots :) I like the first, third and fourth. It's a shame you chopped the tails and legs off the others.

Thanks.

Nope, I didnt chop anything off, I have other full body shots except for the Brown Hawker. This post has just one of a selection of shots taken :)

The Brown Hawker was literally a one shot chance one shot and it flew off. They are notoriously difficult to photograph so I was more than happy with this.

The Brown Hawker was literally a one shot chance one shot and it flew off. They are notoriously difficult to photograph so I was more than happy with this.

Linda the hours I must have spent chasing Brown Hawkers in the hope they will actually land ... frustrating little devils :D

Nice set of images, the Broad Bodied Chaser especially (y)

Linda the hours I must have spent chasing Brown Hawkers in the hope they will actually land ... frustrating little devils :D

Nice set of images, the Broad Bodied Chaser especially (y)

Many thanks for looking and commenting Martyn. Yes, Brown Hawkers certainly are difficult whether they are settled or flying.

They are great Linda - well done :)

Many thanks Andy for looking and commenting, much appreciated.

Linda

Nice series Linda (y) - I always find it a problem knowing how to crop Dragonflies and the like as a full body shot often means that you do not see the detail that you can with a tighter crop.

Nice series Linda (y) - I always find it a problem knowing how to crop Dragonflies and the like as a full body shot often means that you do not see the detail that you can with a tighter crop.

Hi Roy

Yes, I know what you mean. However, the Brown Hawker shot is not cropped, the damsel shots are not cropped as in cropping out areasof the damsel to view more detail of it, they are only cropped on the very outer edge purely as a quick way of resizing to upload to my gallery - they are how I took them :)

The Raft spider is cropped although I also have the full shot - I posted the cropped version above to show more detail of the spider.

Linda

Last edited:
These are lovely shots. I know how difficult it is to chase these chasers :), I have spent hours this summer at times trying to catch them but they are notoriously difficult creatures to photograph. Full credit to you. And the images are stunning.

These are lovely shots. I know how difficult it is to chase these chasers :), I have spent hours this summer at times trying to catch them but they are notoriously difficult creatures to photograph. Full credit to you. And the images are stunning.

Many thanks Amin.

Linda

Back