dragons den..

I've watched a few times and I like it a lot, Its quite funny to see someone come on who is very optamistic about their product, only to have it ripped to pieces (constructively) by the panel.....very good TV.

Glen said:
I've watched a few times and I like it a lot, Its quite funny to see someone come on who is very optamistic about their product, only to have it ripped to pieces (constructively) by the panel.....very good TV.

the thing is that some people have excellent ideas and they tend to go away either learning something and heeding the advice, or go away with the investment. its the ones with **** products that go away saying "they dont 'get' the product", they dont understand that to succeed in business, you need both a good product and a business brain, some of the poeple on this prog have either one or neither!

I just watched it - I find it quite compelling. :)

They're not surprisingly quite brutal sometimes, great viewing though

Pair of wellies and socks, anyone? Yours for a mere £100k...

that dude with the sun lounger thingies, WTF??????!!!! would anyone want to invest in him, he was rediclously condecending dispite being a nobody with a gimmicky idea, he managed to talk down to the dragons and make himself look rediculous!

theres definetly a pattern emerging......... telephone call centre ideas are rediclous! thats 2 in 2 weeks, both as stupid as the other!

I watched the very first series a few years back and that was ok.
They did tend to take on more people than they do now.
The program seems made for audience now and very pants but before it seemed so much more real.

heh, I watch this most weeks. Just watched it with my sisters...
I didn't think of the wellies... Both of my sisters loved em' ~ and now the elder one (who has two kids) is looking for a place to buy them. I wouldn't be surprised that if in turn all the mums local to her followed suit!

What's happened to the birds hair!!! She looks like a member of the SS

The guy giving out the business lessons was a class one tool

Sean_Mcr said:
The guy giving out the business lessons was a class one tool

Wasn't he just! And he kept doing it after it was obvious he was really putting their backs up. :shrug:

Yes it is, Marcel. 5 venture capitalists (the 'dragons') sat down in a row. Entrepreneurs (of varying degrees) pitch their company and products to these guys and ask for a capital investment in return for a stake in the company. That's about it, really. Sometimes the pitch works, more often than not it fails.

I'll go looking for it on UKNova then :D

Brummie is right. The early shows were a bit more raw. Now they have too many long pauses with dragons staring into middle distance while the bald geek tells us what we already know!

Just watched Episode 3 of Series 3, (the one with the wellies and the man overboard thing)...Good stuff.

Going to watch Episodes 1 and 2 later. (And see if I can get hold of earlier series)

HIMUPNORTH said:
Brummie is right. The early shows were a bit more raw. Now they have too many long pauses with dragons staring into middle distance while the bald geek tells us what we already know!

Well i'm chuffed. its the first time i've been right about anything :LOL:

There seemed to be proper inventions too IIRC. Honest stuff not variations in themes.

You can watch them on the BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/dragonsden/

Back