Dramatic before and afters

Edit My Images
Yes
Topic says it all. Share your most dramatic before and after photoshop works. Did you manage to save a supposedly ruined picture? Share it. Did you manage to make a good picture great? Share that too.

If you can, please share a few words/your methodology to processing the image.

Posted this one before, but it was one of my 365 shots, before and after processing. Find it fun trying to turn a pretty drab shot into something with some life.
Tonemap-beforeandafter.jpg

Posted this one before, but it was one of my 365 shots, before and after processing. Find it fun trying to turn a pretty drab shot into something with some life.
Tonemap-beforeandafter.jpg

Holy cow, thats a COMPLETELY different photo lol.

That's a beaut, Jimmy. Can you tell us how you did it? My guess would be the standard fare (curves, levels, sharpening), and some kind of quasi-HDR/overlay technique to bring out the clouds and the grass. I can't seem to figure out how you got the picture looking so nicely golden. Maybe some kind of photo filter?

Here's my best, not exactly clever but I'm happy with it. A pretty dull shot to start with...
CNV00009-1.jpg

... but a fairly nice end result :)
CNV00009_edited-2.jpg

I'm just about to acquire image editing software but gave PSP a whirl years ago (I think it was a very early version).

By the time I'd chopped the woman's arm up and reassembled it in slimmer form, I'd lost my will to live so never finished this. I'll have another go when CS3 arrives maybe.

Before:

ChrisMaria.jpg

After:

ChrisMaria2.jpg

I knew instinctively that making Maria's husband thin by digital means was beyond anyone's scope and advised a visit to Weight Watchers! :LOL:

In retrospect it's a terrible job in every respect but the first thing I think that needs doing is to shrink Maria's head in line with her new body size. I've not seen these snaps for years and she looks very "lollipop".

Jimmy please tell me ho you did that. The landscape change is awsome! I have some dullish looking shots and would love to revamp them into something like that!

Back