Dream studies/interpretation

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

Do any of you believe in/study this stuff to any extent??

I have reasons for asking obviously but I'm not going to say exactly why since I don't fancy setting myself up for a load of ridicule.

The wife, as part of her counselling training did a bit on the interpretation of dreams. Me I think its a bit over rated, like if I stick a nicotine patch on I can guarantee a night full of dreams. So what does that prove :thinking:

The wife, as part of her counselling training did a bit on the interpretation of dreams. Me I think its a bit over rated, like if I stick a nicotine patch on I can guarantee a night full of dreams. So what does that prove :thinking:
What if it was the same dream over and over for weeks at a time?

I'm on medication myself just now and I can attribute dreaming to that since I never really remembered any dreams before. Its not so much the dreaming that concerns me, more what they're about.

Stop dangling the carrot, what are they about!

Remember - this is a family forum. :D

I know someone who goes for all that dreams interpretation thing, its usually the opposite of whatever you think it will be.
I can try & find out for you if you like.

Last night I dreamt about my ex's father, that I went to see him & cooked him Bolognaise. :puke:
Now the old fool hasnt seen my son for 5 years, cant stand me (never gave him reason) & is in poor health. All around him just visit to line their pockets (including his tos*er of a son). So maybe in the back of my mind its me wanting to set the record straight, wanting to lay some demons to rest ... or maybe its because its 'that time of year again' & in the back of my mind I know he will be lonely.
Hmmm! should I try & bury the hatchet ... knowing that family it would only end up in someones skull!!! :LOL:

Stop dangling the carrot, what are they about!

Remember - this is a family forum. :D

The first one was in August. I had the same dream - not every night, maybe every 2 or 3 nights - for a couple of weeks. I saw a passenger just dropping out of the sky maybe a couple of miles away, rolled over onto its side so that the wing hit the ground first. I saw an explosion and lots of fire, but couldn't hear anything at all.

The second one which I've had I think 4 times now in the past week or so has been slightly worse. I was in a house - don't know if its my house or not, its just a house. I hear a plane overhead but it sounds like its circling. I go outside to look and all I see is a passenger plane with 4 engines coming out of the sky towards me like a missile. I feel sheer panic, and hit the deck - don't know how I think this will help as there's no chance of me getting out of its way - and wait for the inevitable bang.

I hear nothing, though. The next thing I know I'm around the side of the house looking into a trench/crater thing. No smoke/fire/dead bodies/plane, just a massive hole in the ground where something has obviously hit. I can see houses just feet away from the other side, all still standing.

I don't believe in premenitions and all that, but shortly after the first one in August there was a plane crash in Russia (I think). I can't really put it down to anything other than coincidence but I never had that particular dream again after that, until I started having a different version of what's more or less the same dream a few nights ago.

I'm not massively into flying either. I've only been on a plane about 8 times in my life and I'm not scared of flying. The most recent time was September 2005.

Not really sure where this plane crash theme is coming from.

Im sure there will be some sort of interpretation of feeling like youve had a lucky escape somewhere, or that someone is about to coming crashing into your life, lol!
I will ask my buddy anyway and see what she has to say.

I had the plane crash dream once when I was kid, woke up screaming the place down too.
There was a crash in the news a few days later and my family called me the witch ever since!
Now I know for a fact that my dreams arent premonitions because I have yet to see Robbie Williams walking up my drive naked! :naughty:

:LOL:, still a few days till Christmas Glo - theres still time for you :D

Can't help you with sorting that one out GfK but I would like to hear what the dream experts make of this, it must be terrifying in the dream and it's very odd that it's recurring.

Thought you were going to say Mr Bruce Forsyth :eek: :LOL:

Maybe it's all to do with the opening of Doncaster Airport / Robin Hood/ Sheffield/ whatever silly name it's called?

Just found this....

Dreaming about a plane crash is a relatively common thing. Plane crashes are horrific news stories and they help represent a loss of control.

Planes are normal means of transportation, but they move thousands of feet up in the sky. Unlike a car or train, if a plane has a problem you can't just stop or hope you run into something soft. You are completely helpless and in the hands of the pilots up front, who may or may not be able to fix whatever is wrong.

For you to dream about a plane crash means that something OUT of your control, that you should be able to rely on and trust in, has gone haywire. This isn't about you and something you should have been able to do properly. This is about someone or something else that you *Trusted* that let you down completely, in a way that had a huge impact on your life.

Plane wrecks aren't about small dings that a mechanic has to fix. Plane wrecks are about huge national-news issues that affect many people.

What major incident in your life is causing you trouble? What large issue, that should be reliable, has gone off kilter?

The recurring thing could be simply explained by the fact that you had the dream and it was frightening, therefore it was playing on your mind (even subconciously) when you went to sleep, thus leading you to dream about it again.

Either way it must be disturbing by now. Maybe try something like camomile tea before bed? Ph - and clean fresh linen on the bed too - I always sleep more soundly the first night after changing the sheets!

Somewhere deep inside the subconscious theres a little fear there. Probably quite irrational, could be either flying, or being hit by a falling object. Because of the medication these thoughts are being brought to the surface and the brain is trying to rationalize them. No meds and they stay buried. The more you worry about them the more it will seem to be prevalent. Well that the gist of what me physiotherapist (wife) tells me.

You should try being inside my head at night at the moment. I'm on all these meds to thin me blood, improve flow and prevent any clots forming on me new titanium heart pipework. It don't half make the old brain work overtime some nights. Had some really weird stuff going through the cells just lately :wacky: :puke: :naughty:

I was on codeine based painkillers - strong ones - a few years ago during a spectacular bout of tonsilitus which nearly landed me in hospital for New Year. Boy oh Boy did they create some weird dreams, but the thing was when I started taking them I didn't realise they were codeine based - they were given to me to take and frankly, by that time, i would probably have taken anything that someone told me would make me feel better! Went to bed as normal the first night I was on them and had some of the oddest dreams ever, coupled with waking up and hallucinating all sorts of odd stuff at about 4am........freaky stuff! :nuts:

I didn't, it must be said - take them for any longer than I absolutely had to!

Many people don't realise the Codeine is an opiate derivative and as such can be addictive and an hallucinogenic :wacky: :nuts:

Well Ive spoken to my mate and she said that plane crash dreams where youre not actually in the plane, can be a sign of feeling out of control of a situation.
The situation can be a good or bad one, you just have a feeling of insecurity about it, like being caught up in a snowball effect of something going on in your life right now or changes that have affected you and those around you and that you werent in full control of those changes.

It can also mean a sign of big achievement in your life, hence the 'big bang' 'big hole' and everything around you still being in place.

Not sure what I think of that, but fresh laundered sheets and a nice mug of chocolate is always a good way to get me off to sleep!

I seem to have three or four dreams over, and over, and over and over,and over and over againlol :LOL: to be honest I dont' want to know what they mean, I just enjoy them,lol :D :p :LOL:

Jewel

"Fresh Sheets tonight" is a coded signal my wife uses when the kids are about meaning she may be.... ahem....needing a little attention. :D

We were robbed at home about 3 years ago, 3 masked men literally kicked the door open and demanded the keys to our (not so flashy) cars... then after the incident, I got the sense that I had dreamt about it years prior to the event. That I had dreamt of confronting a stranger in my front room like I had just done that evening, though the dream wasn't so detailed.

The incident was very scary, the feeling of a bad dream coming true just as bad... :(

Yes I do believe some dreams have meanings, but I don't believe many people in this world have the ability to interpret them.

Oh and I keep my house keys separate to my car key, which are separate to my office keys, which are separate to my garage keys now...

Ray

Back