'Dreamcatcher' The Roaches, Peak District

Really well caught Joel.

Do you have another image without the stone steps & more sky instead? I feel that might be stronger/balance better, because the steps are out of keeping with the almost transcendental nature of the rest of the image.

Really well caught Joel.

Do you have another image without the stone steps & more sky instead? I feel that might be stronger/balance better, because the steps are out of keeping with the almost transcendental nature of the rest of the image.

Thanks Toni. I'm very happy with the crop and balance of the image! For me the steps give a sense of stepping into the scene.

You can’t beat a rainbow and the subtle hint of a double is nice. The sticky up rock bottom left catches the eye other than that i like it

Reactions: smr
You can’t beat a rainbow and the subtle hint of a double is nice. The sticky up rock bottom left catches the eye other than that i like it

Good spot. I didn't notice it straight away until a while into processing :) I think it's easier to see with averted vision than it is if you look straight at it.

The light's great, spectacular weather. I'm another that thought more sky and less path though - the reason being is the path is quite ugly and the sky is fantastic especially with that rainbow. These conditions are great to be out in

The light's great, spectacular weather. I'm another that thought more sky and less path though - the reason being is the path is quite ugly and the sky is fantastic especially with that rainbow. These conditions are great to be out in

Thanks. Yes fantastic conditions indeed, doesn't get much better than side light like that and a Rainbow on top!

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who actually likes the path! I could see why you might not find it aesthetically pleasing but I do for some reason. I find the steps are photogenic, I like the pale brown slate-like colour of them and the texture in the second step.

I like the bend and twist on the path as it ravels out to the left in contrast to the rocks which angle out to the right.

Sorry...me too..Most of path / steps should go,especially the large stone ,it’s taking the eye away from what is otherwise a lovely shot

Afraid another vote for the steps + path to go. I think if it was more pleasing to the eye it may have worked but as is it is it spoils a lovely shot for me :)

Back