Dreaming-what would you rent?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Been having a bit of a day dream today since its raining,miserable & cold outside.
I have been planning my 'tog trips for this year and looking at my equipment. Im thinking of renting lenses to make the most of the trips. Also realised its an excellent opportunity to use some of the more niche and unrealistic lenses. (cant warrant 6k for 400mm that i would only use a few times a year or £1700 for a tilt shift that i would rarely use)

Im thinking of:
-400mm f2.8 (+ 1.4 tele) for wetland birds & airshows
-14mmL for urban exploration low light wideangle shots
- TSE-24L for some of the urbex and also architecture in New York.

Have you guys got any trips planned this year? What would you most like to rent & what for?

Rob

I would rent a lodge at Lemuria at enjoy the Seychelles again........

In July I'm hoping to rent a 17-55 f2.8IS and a 70-200 f2.8 IS for a wedding, and to test them as future purchases.

EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM and/or an EF 400mm f/2.8 with tele-converters....*sigh* I can dream :)

well id fancy hiring the canon 1200mm but thats not happening anytime soon! lol

well id fancy hiring the canon 1200mm but thats not happening anytime soon! lol

Depends if there is any rich members on the forum with 75 grand to spare. If there is ill be making them a cuppa. ;)

I hope you don't mind me lurking here and seeing this thread as a bit of potentially useful market research.... ;)

I hope you don't mind me lurking here and seeing this thread as a bit of potentially useful market research.... ;)

No, not at all. Another vote for 1200mm :LOL:

Only if you let us know what you would hire (take out of your own stocks) lol!

Do you find that the lenses people hire out the most change depending on the time of year, or does it not have any trends like that?

I'd probably hire the two canon 100mm macros to see if the L is worth the extra money....oh and perhaps a tilt shift just so I can have a play with one.

I'd probably hire the two canon 100mm macros to see if the L is worth the extra money....oh and perhaps a tilt shift just so I can have a play with one.

That would near enough offset the price enough to justify going for either one straight away. You can always try them in Jacobs, etc.

in all seriousness i'd like to try the 200mm 1.8 and the 85 1.2

Back