Critique Dress making

You posted a pic with no background story. What is the aim or significance of the photo?

The main focal point is a piece of cloth, the person sewing (or looking) is very under lit. Without any more info on what you were trying to achieve with the shot it's difficult for anyone to comment.

Hi,

The actual story is that it's my wife making a wedding dress for a friend. In my browser it does look a lot darker than when I open up the actual photo, I will try to correct that and post an edit.

Thanks

As you say still looks a little dark. With the story you've added, if this is a part of a series of shots showing the dress being made it'll be a great keep sake for your friend. As a single shot though, I'm not sure it really works.

In the past I have been criticised for not making sure my images are cleared of defects so, I pass the comment on to you. For example, there is a white spot on the arm and another on the darker part of the fabric.

In the past I have been criticised for not making sure my images are cleared of defects so, I pass the comment on to you. For example, there is a white spot on the arm and another on the darker part of the fabric.

Not now there's not - Easy fix in Photoshop-, with a slight lift to exposure too

Les

Back