Drifting

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks
had a great time attending my 1st ever difting event yesterday
these guys drive some super cool motors
any way got some that I was pleased with for my efforts, Thanks to Laura for 'showing me the ropes'
Cheers Chris
205156292-L.jpg

205145063-L.jpg

205156233-L.jpg

205501815-L.jpg

205182232-L.jpg

205155475-L.jpg

Love it, although are you sure the first one wasn't going the other way? ;)

Great panning action ... some nice crisp shots. Good sense of the action.

Nice stuff there, the 1st, 3rd and last look like they've got some really nice sun-setting light on them. You've done well with the night time stuff too, looks like the track is reasonably well lit.

Love it, although are you sure the first one wasn't going the other way? ;)

Great panning action ... some nice crisp shots. Good sense of the action.
cheers mate
but I must tell you that the graphics are as you see them... not sure why they do them like that, but lots of cars had them like that???

must be the cool thing to do or something... so Yes I am sure the car was going that way(y)
cheers Chris

Nice stuff there, the 1st, 3rd and last look like they've got some really nice sun-setting light on them. You've done well with the night time stuff too, looks like the track is reasonably well lit.

Kevin
I was pleased with the night time shots - and contrary to good lighting, it was pretty grim at times
I have a 200mm F1.8 which was really struggling with the lighting
must add that I used plan 'B'
Lend brothers Canon 85mm F1.2 Lens
which has 'insane' light gathering capabilities I was literally gobsmacked at the difference between F1.8 down to F1.2

I was getting shutter speeds of 1/5 with my 200mm wide open

and using the same settings with the 85mm wide open got 1/80 which is a huge deal, the difference is getting something to show for the nights work
cheers chris

Super shots showing fantastic panning at slow shutter speeds.(y)

Some really good shots there but for me I think you'd have a much stronger set without the first and last shots in there.

Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just think that the other four are more than a step or three above. :)

Some of the best of these type Ive shots Ive ever seen! Good work Chris. :)

Totally agree, drifting shots are too often taken from a mile away and too quick a shutter speed, these really show the action (y)

Great Pics...(y)

No4 is my favourite... just seems to capture the whole 'drifting' thing for me.

Great Pics...(y)

No4 is my favourite... just seems to capture the whole 'drifting' thing for me.

I thought the same about shot 2..(y)

Fantastic, I think every one of them portrays the speed and movement really well :clap:

PS: I can actually get the works van to do this on a wet day, great fun ! :LOL::D:D

Really neat! #2 totally rocks!

cheers mate
but I must tell you that the graphics are as you see them... not sure why they do them like that, but lots of cars had them like that???

It's a jap drift cult thing, the run one side of the car with normal graphics, then reverse them on the other. I have literally no idea why they do it, but I know it originates from the japanese drift scene.

It's a jap drift cult thing, the run one side of the car with normal graphics, then reverse them on the other. I have literally no idea why they do it, but I know it originates from the japanese drift scene.

I read it was something to do with seeing the graphics reflected in shop windows, etc..

Some nice images up there... I really must keep trying with the panning technique. So far, my attempts have been rubbish (either too fast or completely blurred!)

PS: I can actually get the works van to do this on a wet day, great fun ! :LOL::D:D
you'd like driving my granada 2.9 v6 rwd then hahaha lots of fun.

they are realy good shots mate, eurodrifts coming to teeside on the 20th for the first british open so i'm going to see if i can get there early to watch them practice and get some shots like the ones above.. results will be up in a few weeks haha:LOL:

It's because it's aesthetically correct as the letters are in the same place on both sides, even though it ends up with one side reversed, for the japanese it's more aesthetically pleasing:)

Back