B&W Drigg Gunnary Box

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Given it's a year since I started taking pictures I thought I'd return to where I first started with a DSLR and see if I could improve on my previous efforts - I'm told this is some sort of old Gunnary Box, and to be honest it's very tricky to shoot as it's sinking into the dunes quite badly on one side hence the odd lean on the building.

It's full of charachter however and makes quite an interesting subject:

Facing the Wind by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr
Windswept by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cracking work Stuart.
The tones and lines in both images suit the content perfectly.
Congrats in hitting the 1000 messages within the year, -keep that enthusiasm going.

I really like the processing and compositions of these. They suit the scene perfectly.
Thanks Steve

Cracking work Stuart.
The tones and lines in both images suit the content perfectly.
Congrats in hitting the 1000 messages within the year, -keep that enthusiasm going.
Thanks alot, didn't have a clue about 1000 msgs they award all sorts on here lol

Ditto. Both excellent. Very atmospheric and I really like the movement in the grass.
Thanks it's place I'm going to explore much more in the future

Lovely touch Stuart and what a year you've had ps I have just added my 2017 folder to my workflow a little early I know, all the very best for 2017!
Cheers Kevin yeah I just saw its a lovely shot that, none of that kind of light up here sadly otherwise I'd be up a mountain as well

As has been said, very good, love the processing and the details throughout.

I do like both of these. The movement in the grass works very well. Out of the two, the first grabs me more, simply because I want to see the situation that the building is in, so looking out across the sea works best.

It is a bit tricky from that 1st view to determine that the building is any more than a shed though, and the 2nd pic is more effective at showing it to be an artillery "thing" due to seeing the slot in the front of it. I wonder if you could have got that slot in show while still keeping the outlook, and some of that lovely moving grass as well. Also, if it's at an odd angle due to it sinking into the sand, that's quite an interesting aspect to it as well.

Super though!

BTW I reckon it's more of a lookout spot than a gun emplacement as it's not built very robustly. I suspect the slot was previously glazed so a coastguard type could lurk in there and see bad stuff going on out to sea. I could be totally wrong of course.

Last edited:
Very nice Stuart and what a year you have had hey?? They say some people just possess the artistic touch, and you sir, you possess that touch (y)

Looking forward to seeing many more inspirational shots in 2017

@Tobers thanks for the feedback, frankly it's a bugger to shoot, angles all seem to be slightly 'wrong' if you know what I mean. Take your point about the angle of the 1st it can look a bit nondescript from that view. It's 5 mins from home so no doubt I'll have another go at some point, with the second probably a wee bit closer.

@RichieTee cheers mate I'll take that! Your too kind, all the best for 2017 mate

Back