Drinking Red Squirrel

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
I spent a couple of days building a reflection pool, and had to fill over 1000 litres by bucket!

Today I tested it out with the camera, and this red squirrel came to visit. She is currently feeding young back in her drey, so sightings are less frequent now.

Still some work to be done on the shot, but I thought I would share this of her drinking. Something you don't see often as they get most of their water from their food.

9493952177_f173fb3ba5_o.jpg

Thats a great shot mate further enhanced by the reflection which takes it to another level but I guess you already suspected that would be the case or you wouldn't have carried 1000 litres by bucket :)

Steve

Cracking shot Will, great composition and detail. I'm assuming you have a hide set up here and was just wondering how close you can get?

Possibly a tad overexposed for my liking (or it might be this monitor) however love the composition and shot.

Well played.

Possibly a tad overexposed for my liking (or it might be this monitor) however love the composition and shot.

Well played.

A tad bright Will but it could be this silly ipad jobbie I am using. Nice setup.

Thanks for comments.
If either of you has the time would appreciate you to upload a version with the bits that are overexposed circled please?

Not having a dig at all just I calibrated my screen and can't tell anything being overexposed. Maybe the background is bright in patches but the lighting was so difficult to work with. Would be good to see if I have missed something. (y)

Nothing wrong with the capture, great image, just the PP side of things needs improving imho.

The image is definitely on the bright side in the mid tones for my taste, it is not a case of the image being over exposed. This has the effect of losing detail/depth of colour in the important area.

The histogram is stacking up to the right, and ideally you want to move the mid-tones more to the left. I would watch the yellows/green cast that is coming strong through the image.

The image has also not been converted to Srgb for web, which could be causing some of the issues for certain browsers.

Quick repost in the direction I would look to take it.

Staff Edit: Image removed, the OP does not have the Edit box ticked

Last edited by a moderator:
Back