Drone Aerial Photography

Given a shotgun licence, I imagine that a drone of this type is easier to hit than a pheasant or a clay? I foresee a new 'sport' arising. Ha!
There's a report on petapixel of someone doing this in the us

There's a report on petapixel of someone doing this in the us
Don't know if it's the same report but I read where someone in the US had shot down a drone and was arrested and charged with firearms offences and looking at a lengthy spell in the clink

Would they be of any use in the Scottish highlands? I am frequently looking for elevated viewpoints in the golden hour, when climbing may be tricky or too time consuming to get anywhere... Would these do up to 300-500m altitude?

Gopro may be a bit weaker with IQ. Surely one of those sony nex thingies or panasonic will be better with hardly any more weight?

It's perfect for the Highlands, just be careful with trees:rolleyes: Obviously it will allow you to get to places you wouldn't normally or easily get to, allowing for great viewpoints and shots that you never really see.

I have the DJI phantom 2 with the 3d gimbal for the GoPro. I'm based around Aviemore and I've gotten some great videos with it. Just have to be careful around me with the RAF doing low flying, local mountain rescue base and the Sea King heli and also a local gliding club. I only use it for a hobby and great fun. rubbish battery life though. I have four batteries for it and have to take them all out at once.

It's perfect for the Highlands, just be careful with trees:rolleyes: Obviously it will allow you to get to places you wouldn't normally or easily get to, allowing for great viewpoints and shots that you never really see.

I have the DJI phantom 2 with the 3d gimbal for the GoPro. I'm based around Aviemore and I've gotten some great videos with it. Just have to be careful around me with the RAF doing low flying, local mountain rescue base and the Sea King heli and also a local gliding club. I only use it for a hobby and great fun. rubbish battery life though. I have four batteries for it and have to take them all out at once.

What's the highest you managed? Are they of any use for HQ stills or just for a video?

What's the highest you managed? Are they of any use for HQ stills or just for a video?
With a GoPro attached they are brilliant, the image quality from the camera is excellent. I have mine set on video/photo mode so it will video and take a photo every 5 seconds.

With a GoPro attached they are brilliant, the image quality from the camera is excellent. I have mine set on video/photo mode so it will video and take a photo every 5 seconds.

Seriously tempted. Is the drone big enough for gh4 or one of the nex thingies? I like my raw files :)

I've had it up a good 500ft, but with the Gopro at that height it looked pretty strange with the fish-eye. I'm unsure of the true max height it can go upto. Some people say 200m, others say 400m, but even 50ft up it gives a whole different perspective.

The GoPro's I find are great at both video and stills. I have the Hero 3 (5 of them) and can't fault them. I normally have one on the drone for areal shots, one on my head, chest and the other two dotted around my bike...not all the time of course lol, just when I'm messing about for the videos.

Back