Drone registration

Studio488commercial

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Have you registered your drones ?(over 250g) just did ours and then the flyer exam which is quite funny. I realsie it is possibly one of the stupidiest ideas from the CAA/goverement to date, but it has to be done.

Yep.. got 19 out of 20 straight of the bat no revision or reading the drone code thing.
Got my wife to do it too, who knows nothing about drones or regulations and she got 17/20

Pure money maker, nothing else.

Yep.. got 19 out of 20 straight of the bat no revision or reading the drone code thing.
Got my wife to do it too, who knows nothing about drones or regulations and she got 17/20

Pure money maker, nothing else.

Must be good at guesing your wife, without knowledge of the numbers it would be just that. there was at least 5 question to do with distances.

Just did mine today,
its just a money making racket if you ask me,
not sure how it can even be policed tbh,
either way I did mine And number attached to drone.

Not rocket science is it. Don’t fly over people is pretty obvious, so most of the distance questions can be deducted from that. The flower show one, the music concert one.. both easy to deduce with that one bit of common sense

One she wasn’t sure of was about a footpath or something, but again, it mentioned people walking on it and she assumed she had to be away from them, so there was only one other possible answer.

Both of us got the flying in snow one wrong, as it was a ridiculous answer.

Both of us got the flying in snow one wrong, as it was a ridiculous answer.

I thought the same about the snow one.

I'm relieved it's a simple, hassle-free system since the amount of anti-drone articles recently may have prompted a pointlessly heavy handed approach.

I thought the snow one was fairly obvious, but I’m used to answering stupid questions tho! :LOL: Just done it, 19 out of 20 without any checks of the text book. Nice and easy, but as has been said, the fee is an obvious bank roller.

Recently bought a Snaptain S5C from someone who does search and rescue for a living and had used this drone for practice. A couple of questions a) Do I have to register with CAA and take an exam/test b) Does anyone here has this model and can help me get started, please? Many thanks

Recently bought a Snaptain S5C from someone who does search and rescue for a living and had used this drone for practice. A couple of questions a) Do I have to register with CAA and take an exam/test b) Does anyone here has this model and can help me get started, please? Many thanks
You would be best to ask in this thread.

If Ive read the rules right (which you should read yourself too) I think you need to register all drones over 250g to 20kg. It’s the same with the online test. As it’s a free test to get a flyer ID and can be done online so I don’t know you wouldn’t do it. It covers the rules that you’d need to keep to.

You as need to be aware new rules come in on 1st January 2021.

No, this one is under the weight that requires registration.

I'm sure this will change at some time though, so keep your eye open for any changes.

Oh, and don't fly it in wind - it's so light that it will probably blow away and you'll lose or break it.

No, this one is under the weight that requires registration.

I'm sure this will change at some time though, so keep your eye open for any changes.

Oh, and don't fly it in wind - it's so light that it will probably blow away and you'll lose or break it.
I thought too as I bought the drone from someone who does Search & Rescue for a living and said this model doesn't require registration. Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: Sky
Back